The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Soldato
desktop-small.jpg

Full sized version (1920x1200) is at http://thor.pauleagles.com/ocuk/desktop-full.jpg

The wallpaper is a picture of the mosaic laid in memorial of John Lennon in Central Park, I took the picture when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Soldato
I'm trying to get my email accounts as a skin, if possible using outlook express. I am using rainmeter for RSS feeds (gizmodo, bbc news and engadget), weather, time and system stats and ideally would like to use just 1 programme to include email and the earlier elements. Is it possible to do this with rainmeter or is there a skin I can use to do it all in one (this isnt impossible to set up!)

Soldato
Right i love all your desktops and id love to get myself one, so what do you do with this deviant are and samurize stuff could anyone point me in direction of a tutorail the tutorials on samurize are all gobbledigoop.
Thanks
m|m

Associate
Rogue

I love it. On a side note, which Mac style launcher does everyone prefer? I just tried RKLauncher buts its so annoying, it keeps disappearing when I press the goto desktop button, then it closes firefox, and randomly reappears when I move my mouse to the url bar.

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Thank ye sir ;) With Mac style launcher do you mean dock program? If so, I use YZdock
I've used both YZDock and RK Launcher and they both seem to be exactly the same :confused: Even all of the settings and docklet options etc.

Used YZDock for quite a while and didn't like it. Been using RK launcher for about a week and i've now decided it's exactly the same as YZDock so no longer use it.

Soldato
mark1 said:
I've used both YZDock and RK Launcher and they both seem to be exactly the same :confused: Even all of the settings and docklet options etc.

Used YZDock for quite a while and didn't like it. Been using RK launcher for about a week and i've now decided it's exactly the same as YZDock so no longer use it.

And I used to use Aquadock, which was exactly the same as YZdock, except with less support. Are there actually any that are different then? Personally I find YZdock suits my needs, it does have some annoying habbits, but its not too bad.

Soldato
andrewbell84 said:
can some one answer this question where bouts do you download the docklets for for avedesk 1.2 or something.... im trying to find the computer stats docklet ..cheers in advanced
Dockex.com has some good ones, have a look around on there :)

messiah kahn said:
And I used to use Aquadock, which was exactly the same as YZdock, except with less support. Are there actually any that are different then? Personally I find YZdock suits my needs, it does have some annoying habbits, but its not too bad.
I tried ObjectDock about a year ago which i found was ok but the free trial ran out you see :p

Don't know of any others.

Permabanned
mark1 said:

They're not quite exactly the same. One major difference is that RK Launcher behaves more like Mac OS X's dock, by representing minimised windows by a screen capture thumbnail. ObjectDock also does this, but it doesn't put the recycle bin/trash in the same place as Mac OS X's dock does.

Permabanned
messiah khan said:
Is it not possible to just move the recycle bin on the dock? In YZdock I just copied the recycle bin off the desktop to the dock, then removed the recycle bin off the desktop. Does the trick nicely.

I didn't say you couldn't put the bin on the dock, I said it isn't in the same place as OS X puts it, ie. to the far right of thumbnailed minimised windows. ObjectDock specifically excludes this feature so as to not fall foul of Apple's litigious legal team.

Permabanned
Ah - well yes you can move it but as I said, not to the same position as OS X has it, and with minimised thumbnail windows. In fact YzDock does not include the thumbnail feature at all.

Back
Top Bottom