• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
And the 295x2 owners thread...

Good work though.

Question about ULPS.

I have a 295x2 and 290x Trifire setup and I quite like the fact the 290x goes to sleep when not in use.

Is it possible to put a button on the desktop to turn ULPS off and on whenever I want? A batch file or something?

Man of Honour

Good work though.

Question about ULPS.

I have a 295x2 and 290x Trifire setup and I quite like the fact the 290x goes to sleep when not in use.

Is it possible to put a button on the desktop to turn ULPS off and on whenever I want? A batch file or something?

Sorry I should have mentioned the 295X2 thread above. I have put links to it in loads of other threads though.:)

Soldato

Good work though.

Question about ULPS.

I think it's a registry change isn't it?
Which means you could in theory put a couple of registry patches on the desktop (1 to enable, 1 to disable), but I think it requires a restart to actually kick in.

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, i will add them don't worry. Still a work in progress and i will do some more updates today :)

EDIT

Good spot Mei i will correct that link too.

Caporegime
OP
@Matt Does Dead Rising 3 have a working CF profile?

Hi neosephiroth86,

I'm sorry to say that this game is not multi gpu friendly at all, as a result i would not expect a Crossfire profile for this game. This quote was pulled from a Capcom employee and was included with the Dead Rising 3 pc patch notes.

We also want to comment on some of the issues people are having when trying to force SLI and Crossfire to work. Some players have set up their systems to force usage of both GPUs by default, and some players have tried to force SLI/Crossfire ON while playing DR3. While this can benefit some games, DR3 PC does not make use of dual-GPUs. If your system is set to force dual-GPU usage when playing games, you can expect to see lower frame rates when compared to not forcing this setting.

Source
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2014/10/14/psa-dead-rising-3-pc-patch-4-available-now

Caporegime
OP
Good work Matt :) Only thought is the guides and information should have come before the latest drivers which will soon be out of date - just a thought

Links in sticky updated.

I'd rather have the latest drivers in the OP, but i can move the Guides section forward one in place of the Useful threads. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Soldato
Hey Matt, any update with the DPC lag issue? I'm getting really sick of disabling my second monitor to work around this. I like to have my Teamspeak window on it!

Associate
I'm also having trouble with core clocks on my Sapphire 295X2, seems to sit at 350 while doing nothing and move around 650-900ish while gaming.
Playing dragon age inquisition on 1440p and i'm getting around 50-60fps which is abit lower than normal right? :confused:

Im using a 4k monitor and I cant even get it to run in 4k as it just crashes out to a black screen, i'm not sure if this is related to the core clock problems but its all been going on since the 14.9 driver.
I even updated to the omega driver but am still having the same problems.

Caporegime
OP
I'm also having trouble with core clocks on my Sapphire 295X2, seems to sit at 350 while doing nothing and move around 650-900ish while gaming.
Playing dragon age inquisition on 1440p and i'm getting around 50-60fps which is abit lower than normal right? :confused:

Im using a 4k monitor and I cant even get it to run in 4k as it just crashes out to a black screen, i'm not sure if this is related to the core clock problems but its all been going on since the 14.9 driver.
I even updates to the omega driver but am still having the same problems.

What are the temperatures on the card?

Caporegime
OP
Usually hovers around 70-72 degrees.

If you're not already, I'd recommend using the 14.12 driver as that had some Dragon Age improvements in it.

Have you tried both API's in Dragon Age to see which one works best? I've not had any time to test it out myself yet, so I'd give both DX and Mante a try and see which one works best.

Back
Top Bottom