• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
The little check box under Crossfire-X, I'm guessing that actually just activates profiles and doesn't really disable Crossfire-X ?

Correct. You need to create a profile for Alien Isolation using the game exe A (AI.EXE) and select disable Crossfire at the bottom. No promises this will work as you have a dual gpu card, but it might.

Soldato
I know, used to run my 6970's that way, and disable CrossFire via CCC taskbar and run the TV through the second gpu as they ran much higher clocks on twin displays but my 7950's or 70/50 CrossFireX would never output via bottom gpu, they would only output via the top card and never tried the 290's, now I just 'win'+'p' to swap displays.:)

CF worked for me top or bottom on my 3870s, 5970s, 7950s, and 290s. AMD system.

Soldato
That's what I was talking about, for me it happens after taking a stare at the map, you can get rid of it by changing res, but it comes back, exact same thing when I played Ryse too.

Tommy, think I might have sussed Far Cry 4 and AFR mode. Do not use SMAA. I'm using MSAAx2 with AFR, farmes are super good, solid 60fps and great crossfire usage but more importantly, the horrible shadow that you get in the frame has now disappeared. Must be something to do with SMAA and AFR.

Soldato
for alien isolation i found the best results were to disable AA in game and run with VSR. 290 crossfire smashes it. 2560/1440 down to 1920/1080 makes things look a look better - and i still get to keep 100hz. I did change the AI profile to AFR friendly but i got flickering like one of the cards was just showing black, i changed it back to standard settings and it works fine so far, no 'nothing on the monitors' problem

Edit SMAA x2 still looks rubbish anyway, and you get artifacts i believe as well as it's a temporal AA

Last edited:
Soldato
I've tried to no avail :(

You could try:

CF worked for me top or bottom on my 3870s, 5970s, 7950s, and 290s. AMD system.

Maybe it's lucid-which isn't enabled that causes it on Intel side, idk.

Tommy, think I might have sussed Far Cry 4 and AFR mode. Do not use SMAA. I'm using MSAAx2 with AFR, farmes are super good, solid 60fps and great crossfire usage but more importantly, the horrible shadow that you get in the frame has now disappeared. Must be something to do with SMAA and AFR.

Could be onto a winner there, that shadow frame is getting annoying now I'm getting more into the game, I'll try it out.

Soldato
Anyone know what Optimize video for upload and share in Raptr does please ?

I've recorded videos with it on and off and there's no difference in video size, Res, FPS or bitrate :confused:

Soldato
Nar it's nothing to do with drivers.
The option is there on both raptr and AMDs version of the software.

I just disabled it me I didn't want any compression going on. So am not sure if it works or not as I never used it.

Soldato
:cool:

Completed Ryse so it's too late for me, Star Citizen does/did the same using AFR, but the Crysis 3 profile was what I used at the time, not tried it recently but don't know if AMD have a working mgpu profile for SC yet.

Soldato
290x / 290 Crossfire

MSI AB and Crossfire second GPU "290" I cant change the voltage unless I disable crossfire..

Am sure this wasn't the case with my old 290. Can anyone see if you select either cards you can still change the voltage..

Here how mine look
290x%20gpuZ.png

Tried re-installing driver + AB

Soldato
I can change voltage independently for all cards fwiw. Not that I do.

Do you have 'synchronize settings for similar graphics processors' checked or unchecked?
Do you need to have separate voltage settings for both cards?

Back
Top Bottom