• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Aze

Aze

Associate
Will AMD launch some drivers such as nvidia. that let play 4k@60hz through hdmi 1.4 witch chroma 4:2:0?

Caporegime
OP
I'm using the "Ultra" preset. Running it in DX11 works without any problems, always maintains 60FPS. Mantle however, stutters all over the place.

That'll be why then, using the ultra preset under Mantle uses more video memory than your graphics cards have available. Either use DX11, or lower AA to x2 or x0 and Mantle will not stutter.

Soldato
I'm using the "Ultra" preset. Running it in DX11 works without any problems, always maintains 60FPS. Mantle however, stutters all over the place.

Sounds like vram. I am pretty sure only the r9 290/x were able to run ultra as they have 4gb vram. You certainly have enough gpu power to run ultra but due to the frostbite engine on mantle the vram overhead is to much for the 3gb cards.

Soldato
That'll be why then, using the ultra preset under Mantle uses more video memory than your graphics cards have available. Either use DX11, or lower AA to x2 or x0 and Mantle will not stutter.

What i find odd is how it didn't stutter at all until about a month ago when DICE released an "update". So i hope the issue is fixed soon. Is it a memory leak or something?

Last edited:

Aze

Aze

Associate
@AMDMatt
Will AMD launch some drivers such as nvidia. that let play 4k@60hz through hdmi 1.4 witch chroma 4:2:0?

Associate
Hi Matt, still got issues with Omegas and LOTR: SoM, to get CF working have to alt-tab out of the game, after a few hours of gaming, frame rate stutters then CTD.
Get a speech bubble saying VGA driver stopped responding, but has now recovered. It was OK with the 14.11.2 betas before. Also get a green flickering bar, sometimes during cut scenes!
Any news on VSR availability, for my GCN1.0 cards? Also CAP working for FC 4? Is there an official release date in place for the 380X, and will it be hybrid cooling only. Looking to move to one GPU!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Did you manage to get to the bottom of this Matt? Is he just behind the times? Or do we have even better performance to look forward to?

Yes i did Dave.

Actually a memory leak was found recently. It's a bit different from the well known Mantle (system memory) leak. This memory leak was in the base kernel mode display driver.

The developer was only tracking the memory allocations itself and noticed that they weren't being released properly. This case mainly happens in Multiplayer mode when changing maps so it's not as easily reproduced as the previous memory leak issue.

I would expect this to be fixed in a future driver update.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well just spoke to AMD Roy via twitter and he asked me to send feedback to his email address about Raptr, Was very polite honest feedback, Basically yes it works but it needs to be on the same level as Shadowplay in the quality department and functionality, It was a rather lengthy email but that's the jist of it, I hope we see progress sooner rather than later :)

Caporegime
OP
Well just spoke to AMD Roy via twitter and he asked me to send feedback to his email address about Raptr, Was very polite honest feedback, Basically yes it works but it needs to be on the same level as Shadowplay in the quality department and functionality, It was a rather lengthy email but that's the jist of it, I hope we see progress sooner rather than later :)

:)

Associate

There's been a memory leak like this on and off for the HD5 series since BF3. Was always fixed, then broken then fixed then broken etc. BF4 however never got fixed, although last time I played I didn't actually get the leak. Occurs only on map change though not all the time, always consumes ram like the cookie monster eats cookies, and of course since W8 does a hybrid shutdown you need to either do a full shutdown or a restart to clear it.

Back
Top Bottom