• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD R9 290 (non x) Thread

Soldato
I hadnt read the whole thread before i made the comment, i was pointed to it from the other forum i go on (pCARS) and wondered how Gibbo was allowed to say what he has been saying about performance comparisons to the 290X and the titan and if Gibbo had forgotten about the NDA, but seeing the rest of the thread he obviously knows about the NDA.

Soldato
I hadnt read the whole thread before i made the comment, i was pointed to it from the other forum i go on (pCARS) and wondered how Gibbo was allowed to say what he has been saying about performance comparisons to the 290X and the titan and if Gibbo had forgotten about the NDA, but seeing the rest of the thread he obviously knows about the NDA.

Since I want to buy two of these, I'm not going to say anything that will deter him from spilling the beans ;)

I think at this stage, it's only the price that's under NDA if we put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

We're all assuming that the blurred out results in this post are for the 290 and overclocked 290.

Soldato
What are we all thinking about in terms of price?

300-350?

it'll be bitter pill to swallow if they do come in at £300, for an extra hundred pounds could have gone for crossfire 290s instead of 290X.

Permabanned
The difference between a 290 and 290X at the same clocks will be 4-6%

This has been true for;

5870 and 5850

6970 and 6950

7970 and 7950

But the 290 will clock better due to less heat, That's my logic anyway :)

Soldato
I've now got 290 Pro beating X, Titan and 780 HOF (1310MHz) in all the benchmarks I ran with Asus BIOS. EPIC Card!

Impossible Titan cant be beat....every Nvidia guy and fan knows that.
You cant be saying that a 380 euro card would be able to perform so good like a God like 820euro card if it would then it be heresy.
Beating a 1310mhz 780 HOF is also impossible based upon above reasons.

However never been religious much so I get one of those 290 cards.:D

Soldato
Impossible Titan cant be beat....every Nvidia guy and fan knows that.
You cant be saying that a 380 euro card would be able to perform so good like a God like 820euro card if it would then it be heresy.
Beating a 1310mhz 780 HOF is also impossible based upon above reasons.

However never been religious much so I get one of those 290 cards.:D

Sarcasm aside..... What happens when the Titan is overclocked? Apples to apples and all that.

Nice work Gibbo :D

Back
Top Bottom