The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Overlord was pretty good. Binged it all in about a week. Can't wait for the movie coming out soon. Overlord - The Sacred Kingdom.

Caporegime
Just watched Overlord on Netflix as well! Very good and surprised as I couldn't get into it when it first came out some years ago.

When he grabbed that woman and just crushed her I was like woaaa

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
What are people liking this season?

There are some new shows I think which are worth checking out.
  • Go! Go! Loser Ranger! - is basically Power Rangers parody seen from the perspective if one of the grunts who is sick of losing each week. Interesting start here, keen to see how this progresses.
  • Kaiju No. 8 - is probably the most interesting show this season so far, good quality and an interesting setup episode.
  • WIND BREAKER - is like Tokyo Revengers but seems to be a better version of it with a less whiny MC.
  • Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night - not fully sucked me in yet but nice production quality here, I'll see how it goes, could be worth trying.
  • Train to the End of the World - is an odd journey in a world where 7G has broken all natural order, and caused the distance between places to change quite dramatically, as well as the places and inhabitants. Gets some points for being fairly unique.
Some continuations/remakes:
  • Spice and Wolf - remake I am unsure on, but I'll keep going as it's watchable, I can't remember much about the original show really.
  • Sound! Euphonium - Season 3 is here, and despite being about a subject matter which I would normally not really care for (school band and associated drama) KyoAni have really knocked the animation and feel of this out of the park throughout. If anyone was sleeping on this show, worth a shot from Season 1.
  • Reincarnated as a Slime - Season 3 more slime edition.
These ones are OK:
  • Viral Hit - features a kind of unlikeable bunch of characters around, but the premise is interesting. Bullied kid learns to fight back essentially. It's based on a korean manwha, I think this improved in episode 2. If nothing else it's at least entertaining.
  • As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill To Rise in the World - kid can use his skill to identify other people with skills and how best to use them.
  • Chillin' in Another World With Level 2 Super Cheat Powers - Overpowered power fantasy OP standard stuff really. But it's fine, probably won't ever be more than fine.
  • Mysterious Disappearances - not quite sure what to make of this one yet. But it's alright so far, not really gripped my imagination yet though.
Dropped:
  • Re: Monster - had an interesting concept but I think the execution wasn't great.
  • Konosuba - Season 3 I just didn't find any of this funny anymore. Maybe my tastes have changed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
There was one more I dropped actually, as they seemed to be really highlighting the child main character as some kind of shota bait. Not to my tastes personally.

This one: https://myanimelist.net/anime/53516...ji_Datta_node_Kimama_ni_Majutsu_wo_Kiwamemasu

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation takes that even further! :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
What are people liking this season?

There are some new shows I think which are worth checking out.
  • Go! Go! Loser Ranger! - is basically Power Rangers parody seen from the perspective if one of the grunts who is sick of losing each week. Interesting start here, keen to see how this progresses.
  • Kaiju No. 8 - is probably the most interesting show this season so far, good quality and an interesting setup episode.
  • WIND BREAKER - is like Tokyo Revengers but seems to be a better version of it with a less whiny MC.
  • Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night - not fully sucked me in yet but nice production quality here, I'll see how it goes, could be worth trying.
  • Train to the End of the World - is an odd journey in a world where 7G has broken all natural order, and caused the distance between places to change quite dramatically, as well as the places and inhabitants. Gets some points for being fairly unique.
Some continuations/remakes:
  • Spice and Wolf - remake I am unsure on, but I'll keep going as it's watchable, I can't remember much about the original show really.
  • Sound! Euphonium - Season 3 is here, and despite being about a subject matter which I would normally not really care for (school band and associated drama) KyoAni have really knocked the animation and feel of this out of the park throughout. If anyone was sleeping on this show, worth a shot from Season 1.
  • Reincarnated as a Slime - Season 3 more slime edition.
These ones are OK:
  • Viral Hit - features a kind of unlikeable bunch of characters around, but the premise is interesting. Bullied kid learns to fight back essentially. It's based on a korean manwha, I think this improved in episode 2. If nothing else it's at least entertaining.
  • As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill To Rise in the World - kid can use his skill to identify other people with skills and how best to use them.
  • Chillin' in Another World With Level 2 Super Cheat Powers - Overpowered power fantasy OP standard stuff really. But it's fine, probably won't ever be more than fine.
  • Mysterious Disappearances - not quite sure what to make of this one yet. But it's alright so far, not really gripped my imagination yet though.
Dropped:
  • Re: Monster - had an interesting concept but I think the execution wasn't great.
  • Konosuba - Season 3 I just didn't find any of this funny anymore. Maybe my tastes have changed.
Main shows

• KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3
  • Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 2 Part 2
  • Kaiju No. 8
  • Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc (when it airs later)
  • Sound! Euphonium 3
  • Train to the End of the World
  • Mysterious Disappearances
  • The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3
Slice of Life

• Tonari no Yokai-san
  • Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again
Undecided
  • Dragon Raja: The Blazing Dawn
  • A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics
Trash/Weird Watches
  • Too many to list

Last edited:
Soldato
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation takes that even further! :cry:

They don't make Rudi out to be a femboy with giant thighs though!

There are definitely some questionable scenes in Mushoku Tensei, and some loli characters (again not my taste) but they are usually fairly short and not permanent fixtures of the anime.

One of the things about the one I linked is that it's the main character and they get a lot of screen time. I can sort of ignore the odd thing I don't like assuming that it's only a small portion of the content.

MT is on my to watch list this season but last season was sort of meh, I'm hoping they pick up a bit this time, not seen any of the new episodes yet. I may wait and watch them in batches.

Soldato
@Zenduri good list we have a lot of crossover, I'd def recommend trying out Wind Breaker as well if you haven't yet.

Mysterious Disappearances seems OK but they've censored the ecchi bits out of it totally, not that it's necessary to make it work, but now it doesn't really make sense why her chest is so big as a plot point!

Back
Top Bottom