The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
Did the injury come as a result of a promo? Could come back SummerSlam and look to claim it back?

Getting annoyed by my phone's feed giving me results before had chance to watch Raw.

Caporegime
I enjoyed the last 2 weeks of nostalgia. Now after watching 10 hours of WWE network + WM40, I'm tired!

If I continue for a few more weeks I feel I will be hooked again, and I just don't have enough hours in the day!

I'll be back in this thread when the Rock returns, whether that's summerslam, survivor series, rumble or wm41! I got back into it just for him, so I want to see how his storyline continues.

rp2000

Man of Honour
OP
How was the show?

I just caught up with Raw and not sure how all the stars managed to fly over and perform?

Yeah was really good. Crowd was great even though it was just a Live show. Compared to previous WWE Live shows I've been to, the crowd was a lot more into it.

Decent card as well in the end:

IC Title Match
Sami vs Fin Balor vs Gunther vs Chad Gabel

Natalya and (I've forgotten) vs Zoe Stark and Shayna Baszler

Drew McIntyre vs Jey Uso

Ricochet vs JD McDonagh

WWE Championship Match
Damien Priest vs Kofi Kingston

Becky Lynch vs Piper Niven

Undisputed Title Match
Cody Rhodes vs Shinsuke Nakamura

The noise when Cody came out was awesome. Also when Jey came out, despite being against Drew, he was the massive crowd favourite. I know Drew is a heel but I still expected him to get the bigger reaction given he's one of ours, he played to it brilliantly though.

Last edited:
Associate
The Jey Yeet movement is crazy and gets such a big pop and hype. Good to see some title matches were at the Live show even though not televised and title unlikely to change hands.

Cody entrance is always great and for the pyro technics.

Caporegime
How did he do the tombstone so safely over all those years? Is it true that wrestlers need permission from the WWE to do piledrivers now?

The ban on piledrivers came into effect after Owen Hart injured Steve Austin (and later Dan Severn) with sitout tombstone variations of a piledriver. The standard piledriver wasn't involved in either of those injuries, yet wwe being wwe decide to ban that standard piledriver. The last time a piledriver was done on wwe tv it was in a match between punk and cena, it got a great crowd reaction but they got chewed out about it backstage after. Apparently Vince (who wasn't crapping on a woman at the time) was flipping out about it as they didn't ask permission.

Man of Honour
OP
So...just went to get Clash at the Castle tickets, we went to the one in Cardiff and wanted to make this one as well.

Cheapest tickets? £340 each, up in the rafters. I originally had ringside seats, on the side that gets all the TV cameras facing it. £3000 each. I know it's a PPV but I paid £75 each when it was in Clash at the Castle - Cardiff (and they were good seats!), and £80 each for Money in the Back last year. They can swivel if they think I'm paying £300 to be in the worst seats possible, if it was Wrestlemania, I'd probably pay it just to say I've been, but for a normal PPV? Not a chance

A shame as I really wanted to go, so did my son

Last edited:
Associate
So...just went to get Clash at the Castle tickets, we went to the one in Cardiff and wanted to make this one as well.

Cheapest tickets? £340 each, up in the rafters. I originally had ringside seats, on the side that gets all the TV cameras facing it. £3000 each. I know it's a PPV but I paid £75 each when it was in Clash at the Castle - Cardiff (and they were good seats!), and £80 each for Money in the Back last year. They can swivel if they think I'm paying £300 to be in the worst seats possible, if it was Wrestlemania, I'd probably pay it just to say I've been, but for a normal PPV? Not a chance

A shame as I really wanted to go, so did my son

Crazy pricing. They will still sell out but people need to take a stand and leave it unsold :)
Will have to watch it at home instead.

Man of Honour
OP
Crazy pricing. They will still sell out but people need to take a stand and leave it unsold :)
Will have to watch it at home instead.

Oh no doubt they will sell out. I've always wondered what people pay for those front row, ring side seats...I knew it would have been expensive, but £3k each?! Absolutely mental!

When Wrestlemania inevitably gets hosted over here, I dread to think what the prices will be then!

Caporegime
I love Taker but his chokeslam on the Rock looked awful.
Taker only really delivered good chokeslams to lighter wrestlers or ones that could jump quite high. Brock being one, sometimes Triple H who would push down on takers shoulder if he wanted to hold him up for a bit.

For sheer power though, hard to beat this, Kane was well over 300lbs then and quite muscle bound. No shoulder balancing act here, just brute force once he's in the air.

Associate
i also looked at clash seats as i went to clash cardiff and money in the bank, the prices are insane! ill be giving it a miss. i also worry what mania prices would be if we ever got it

Back
Top Bottom