The Brand New Animated Image Thread

Soldato
They thought large gifs were slowing down and killing the page. Doesn't seem to be a matter of size, more broken gifs, or the inability of certain browsers to deal with some gif format properly.
Safari I am looking at you, and chrome could do with an upgrade to that side of things.
It might be an issue with the forum board software also, but I am unsure. Things certainly creak badly when trying to load the youtube threads on any browser.

It was basically mrk posting 80mb gifs which took ages to load, shame as in gifv (or webm) they would be fine but sadly the forum just dies with large gifs.

Soldato
80 posts per page = 800MB even with a 10MB limit. That can be an issue for people on phones or with prehistoric internet connections.

Yes I forgot about that, as people with exceptionally slow connections and using phones with limited bandwidths would certainly chose a very large size of replies per page instead of going for a smaller number. Good point.
It like the old no-56k threads, don't go in.

Soldato
57hNmaV.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It was basically mrk posting 80mb gifs which took ages to load, shame as in gifv (or webm) they would be fine but sadly the forum just dies with large gifs.

You mean your browser threw a sissyfit >>> toys & pram :p

My gif wasn't the issue, the issue is a thread full of gifs which no matter what forum or website it is being browsed on even in Firefox, will require heavy amounts of processing power which many even to this day won't handle to a satisfactory level. I have 80 posts per page enabled and rarely get an issue so look at it from my point of view, I've never had a problem therefore am none the wiser as to any issues until a big huff puff is brought about (as in, the past few days).

Sit there silently touching yourself and nothing will ever get done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom