The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Caporegime
OP
^ Some say that it doesn't others mention that it just sharpens details like adding a sharpen layer over everything.

To open the console press the button to the left of number 1 on your keyboard, press it again to close ;)

Associate
^ Some say that it doesn't others mention that it just sharpens details like adding a sharpen layer over everything.

To open the console press the button to the left of number 1 on your keyboard, press it again to close ;)

Personally I think Skyrim looks amazing anyways, compared to Xbox at least. The one and probably main thing that bothered me with oblivion was. Looking in the distance, the land texture was blurry and detail loaded up a few meters ahead of you... This is different. However, seeing as my rig isnt being stressed at all. And I built the rig for this and BF3 (Dont even play BF3 now...) Adding mods to kick out more visuals wouldnt do much harm.

Soldato
Console is activate with the ` key (above tab).

Can the key bindings be changed from somewhere other then in-game? It kinda bugs me that the left hand is mapped to the right mouse button and vice versa. Rebinding "left hand" and "right hand" through in-game options bugs out (it does switch them but it doesn't realise I've switched them so still waits for a key to be pressed...only way to break this loop is with keyboard input).

Associate
INI TWEAKS GUIDE:[snip]

Cheers for this, looking forward to getting back from work and tweaking Skyrim to an inch of its life!

Does anyone else find the UI for items/magic/etc a bit clumsy? I've only played for an hour, but I'm not a fan on first glance. I'll give it time though...

Can the key bindings be changed from somewhere other then in-game? It kinda bugs me that the left hand is mapped to the right mouse button and vice versa.

Agreed, by assuming your character is right handed it has led to confusion as LMB is "primary weapon", as it were. Not really used swords yet, just spells, and it's slightly odd!

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers for this, looking forward to getting back from work and tweaking Skyrim to an inch of its life!

Does anyone else find the UI for items/magic/etc a bit clumsy? I've only played for an hour, but I'm not a fan on first glance. I'll give it time though...

Agreed, by assuming your character is right handed it has led to confusion as LMB is "primary weapon", as it were. Not really used swords yet, just spells, and it's slightly odd!

Im using an xbox pad and i find it ok tbh..

Soldato
cant get the FOV setting to save! no matter what i do its just resets back to default so i always have to open console and type "fov 80" why isnt this changeable in a ini files? cause ive done what it says but it just doesnt save? will changing the ini file to read-only fix it?

Caporegime
OP
cant get the FOV setting to save! no matter what i do its just resets back to default so i always have to open console and type "fov 80" why isnt this changeable in a ini files? cause ive done what it says but it just doesnt save? will changing the ini file to read-only fix it?

Don't know, It didn't save for me either but someone else up above said it does

Permabanned
Don't know, It didn't save for me either but someone else up above said it does
Just checked to make sure mine was still at 90 and it is from when i set it yesterday and the games been started up a few times since then. Have to set it again each time i make a new character though.

Soldato
to change the timescale(first thing i do in these games) open the console and the command is- set timescale to #

I don't know what the default is, but i think it is around the same as Oblivion and FO3 which was 30.

Back
Top Bottom