• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
True but going for something that performs less than what you currently have makes no sense to me :p

It's a lot cheaper for one. Sometimes it punches above the Titan X, and it comes pre water cooled for 50C operation. Maxwell is well established at this point. Performance probably peaked with drivers. In fact latest drivers have actually crippled a lot of setups.

Whereas Fury X is featuring some new tech, drivers are in very early days and voltage hasn't even been unlocked. For me these would be more fun to play with until we get a die shrink and HBM 2.0 etc.

I def wanna have a play with it and see for myself.

Probably go Titan X > Fury X > Pascal Titan. I like to try the latest stuff. Rinse & repeat.

Caporegime
It's a lot cheaper for one. Sometimes it punches above the Titan X, and it comes pre water cooled for 50C operation. Maxwell is well established at this point. Performance probably peaked with drivers. In fact latest drivers have actually crippled a lot of setups.

Whereas Fury X is featuring some new tech, drivers are in very early days and voltage hasn't even been unlocked. For me these would be more fun to play with until we get a die shrink and HBM 2.0 etc.

I def wanna have a play with it and see for myself.

Probably go Titan X > Fury X > Pascal Titan. I like to try the latest stuff. Rinse & repeat.

I can see your point, I used to be a lot like that :)

Myself? I think I can wait for Pascal et al :cool:

Permabanned
After reading reviews.

I cannot see any real reason why we would purchase a Fury X over a 980ti, when they are not priced the same, and the 980ti is pulling ahead on benchmarks?

At 4K it competes but then I have been saying for the past couple of years that Monitor manufacturers have equally been taking the **** with their prices. Very few people will have a 4K or multi monitor setups making the 980 or ti a better choice at 1080p/1440p gaming.

Monitor tech is just so far behind compared to TVs, the only real innovation we've had is freesync/gsync but then that's a fruition from GPU manufacturers.

Hopefully next year monitor prices will come down and just in time for Pascal :D

Associate
Well not being one for making decisions without having hard facts in order to make the right decisions it's looking likely I won't be getting the FuryX.
Unless performance improves over the next two months my AMD carded rig will for the first time in 10+ years will be having a G1.
Never thought I would see the day when both my computers would be green. :(

Also what a disappointing release no stock and massive gouging.

Back
Top Bottom