• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
You should be able to.

Generally speaking...

Crossfire: any two+ gpus of the same architecture

SLI: all cards must be of the same series.

Crossfire is far more flexible in this respect.

Associate
Greg, do you think Matt and Joe do not read every comment here? So many times I saw them trackback on older comments to reply to people.
You should understand that repeating same stuff over and over will not solve your issues.
None of you realize that maybe AMD did not have any choice but to go cooler master, since their financial position does not let them **** money left and right to go with some premium parts. Yes it is bad, but who knows what their motivation was.
And I keep repeating: yes AMD done really bad job with this release, but 10 people moaning for 189 pages about the same issue will not fix it. I am sure Matt and Joe are relaying all our criticism to their colleagues. I am sure when Loadsa reported that issue still here, Matt was on the phone again, saying this **** is not fixed. How is the rest of the old moaners coming in and repeating their stories gonna help Matt?

Every week I write a report that goes to HQ. Every week I link individual posts that reference Fury X issues. I'm relaying your feedback guys! It's now up to HQ to resolve this. Pump whine is an issue and everyone knows this. We're working to fix all of this though as it wouldn't be right for us (AMD) to settle for something that's just not up to scratch.

Caporegime
Every week I write a report that goes to HQ. Every week I link individual posts that reference Fury X issues. I'm relaying your feedback guys! It's now up to HQ to resolve this. Pump whine is an issue and everyone knows this. We're working to fix all of this though as it wouldn't be right for us (AMD) to settle for something that's just not up to scratch.

They should have postponed the launch and got it sorted then started selling the cards. Happened with the 6970 series when the pcie connector housing snagged the fan and it had to be cut back by hand so the cooler would fit, iirc it delayed the launch by about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Associate

Great work Joe, most appreciate the effort the reps put in. And l for a start could not even begin to comprehend what you have to do :)

Permabanned

It's no less disappointing though, especially after reading posts from AMD officials like yourself stating that it only affected a limited number of cards and they've been fixed so it will no longer be a problem, and then we wait weeks for the new stock to arrive which turns out to contain more broken ones.

I gave up waiting and bought an external Hard drive the day before the £549 Fury X versions turned up, I was fuming at the time as I had to wait a week to replace the money I'd just spent but it turns out that did me a favour.

X3T

X3T

Associate
Looks awesome Kaap!

I decided against getting a second FuryX for crossfire, but perhaps in 6 months or so. Going to get the Benq XL2730Z monitor instead :D

Associate
Kaapstad, how does EK know which slots your 4 fury x will populate on your motherboard?
Or the slots in some motherboards with same spacing? If I decided for 4 way, my cards wouldn't be evenly spaced, I think.
And all those 4 blocks probably cost as much as whole fury. I know my 3 sets of blocks will cost as much :D

Caporegime
Will get my refund for the snapped screw one in a couple of days. :)

Thats one that was saying in stock when ordered, but wasn't, refunded, this one with the sanpped screw getting refunded, leaving just this OcUK one to go.

Having great luck :D

I'll not be beaten though, i will get a one thats fine! :p

Back
Top Bottom