• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 960 Owners Thread

Suspended
Picked up a MSI GTX 960 2GB today and all I can say is WOW, I didn't expect this card to produce such great results! I've paired it with an old Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz and 8GB RAM which I had laying around and done some benching, I thought the CPU would bottleneck the GPU but it has proven not to be the case!

Games I've tried:

Fallout 4
GTA V
Black ops 3
MGS V
DiRT Rally

So far every game I've run at 1080 mostly high settings and constant 60fps... I am shocked at this little beast!

Associate
I have an Asus GTX 960 Turbo 2GB, but I can't lower my idle fan speed, it won't go below 29%. It's really loud when I'm just browsing and reading. During gaming I don't even hear it :)
I tried MSI Afterburner and Asus GPU Tweak, both can't lower it.

What can I do?

Soldato
I have an Asus GTX 960 Turbo 2GB, but I can't lower my idle fan speed, it won't go below 29%. It's really loud when I'm just browsing and reading. During gaming I don't even hear it :)

What can I do?
Its 6 years old buy yourself a new GPU ;)

Soldato

What can I do?

Nothing if the card doesn’t have a 0% fan or silent idle. Maybe replace the fan

Associate
Anyone have any idea where I can pick up a replacement fan for a Zotac GTX960? I've removed the broken fan and its an Everflow 4 pin 12v 0.30ampo T129215SH model. Don't really want to wait months for one to turn up from China!

Thanks guys.

Soldato
Anyone have any idea where I can pick up a replacement fan for a Zotac GTX960? I've removed the broken fan and its an Everflow 4 pin 12v 0.30ampo T129215SH model. Don't really want to wait months for one to turn up from China!

Thanks guys.
There's some on Ebay, but they ship from China too. Suspect you'll struggle to find one that isn't coming from there tbh.

Back
Top Bottom