• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
ooh hello my lovely, nice to meet you...

980ti.jpg

Congrats! for that price I'd expect it to come in a bit of a nicer box. I bought a cheap old EVGA 750Ti a while back and the box was a lot better than that!

Not that it really matters, but it's a nice touch.

Associate
Congrats! for that price I'd expect it to come in a bit of a nicer box. I bought a cheap old EVGA 750Ti a while back and the box was a lot better than that!

Not that it really matters, but it's a nice touch.

That's the external box, the internal one is much nicer

EDIT: There u go :)

980ti2.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I love how the EVGA card is film sealed, so you know it is brand new. I have had far to many experiences of buying new PC parts and getting second hand.

Was anyones MSI 6g sealed?

I saw on another forum people saying theres from amazon us were.
Mine from ocuk wasn't and it's a really crap asic rating card, the box kinda looked like it might have been opened by someone before but I can't be 100%. (layers of cardboard slightly separated around where you open the box)

hope no ocuk staff are checking the asic rating of cards and cherry picking when they buy one for themselves
possible msi don't bother with wrap though and amazon did it themselves

since I got my card on the 2nd it's not possible for it to be a customers return fobbed off as new?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Indeed, I've had quite a few cards from OcUK in fact that have be used, I know this because I sent them the card(s) back (780Tis)

hmm.

really starting to think my card was one someone tested and saw the crap asic rating now.

should be a fair lottery for all I couldn't give a toss if your an ocuk employee doesn't give you the right to cherry pick cards at a customers expense

Associate
hmm.

really starting to think my card was one someone tested and saw the crap asic rating now.

should be a fair lottery for all I couldn't give a toss if your an ocuk employee doesn't give you the right to cherry pick cards at a customers expense

Arknor - I doubt very highly that OCUK employees would do that so don't make accusations like that unless you're sure. They are on a job and they also have managers/leaders that would put a stop to that pretty quickly. Eventually people would notice and OCUK would lose it's hard won reputation and start seeing a much higher return/RMA rate that would cost it a lot of business.

My card has a pretty low ASIC rate too but it still Overclocks pretty well...I know it can be frustrating when your card doesn't quite OC as much as you want, but that's the lottery..only way to avoid it is by buying a binned chip card...and that extra cost vs. benefit may not be worth it...

I'm sure your card still beats most 980 and Fury X cards...don't forget a few months ago you had to buy a Titan X to get this kind of performance, regardless of your ASIC quality

Edit - Also check what driver you're using...make sure it's 353.38 as that improved my stable OC performance a lot

Associate
None of the returned Fury X's found there way into the B-Grade section, but random amounts of new stock was always appearing. I will let that speak for itself.

Caporegime
Arknor - I doubt very highly that OCUK employees would do that so don't make accusations like that unless you're sure. They are on a job and they also have managers/leaders that would put a stop to that pretty quickly. Eventually people would notice and OCUK would lose it's hard won reputation and start seeing a much higher return/RMA rate that would cost it a lot of business.

My card has a pretty low ASIC rate too but it still Overclocks pretty well...I know it can be frustrating when your card doesn't quite OC as much as you want, but that's the lottery..only way to avoid it is by buying a binned chip card...and that extra cost vs. benefit may not be worth it...

I'm sure your card still beats most 980 and Fury X cards...don't forget a few months ago you had to buy a Titan X to get this kind of performance, regardless of your ASIC quality

Edit - Also check what driver you're using...make sure it's 353.38 as that improved my stable OC performance a lot
I'm not disappointed with the card and I don't wish to return it either way.
but if it's happening like a few people seem to think people should know they might get a card someone else already tried

OcUK Staff
ASIC makes absolutely no difference to Overclocking. My best Titan X has a low ASIC and my best 980 Ti the same. They do well on AIR as well as LN2. ASIC makes no difference!!!

With 980 its the same I had two cards capable of 2200+ mhz one was 66 ASIC one was 78.

No one at OCUK is binning cards.

Last edited:
Caporegime
ASIC makes absolutely no difference to Overclocking. My best Titan X has a low ASIC and my best 980 Ti the same. They do well on AIR as well as LN2. ASIC makes no difference!!!

asic makes a difference to the amount of boost you get though.
but yea if your manually overclocking then it probably doesn't make to much difference since my card seemed fine 100mhz over what it boosts to by default
are msi 6g supposed to be factory sealed like some americans had?

Associate
Hi,

wanted to ask which 980 Ti is your favourite in uk?
Here in Germany many people are switching to the palit super jetstream.
According to many who own the palit, it should be a fantastic card.
Low noise+ good temps (VRM temps too) + good OC potential.
Here are a new review: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...i-modelle-der-geforce-gtx-980-ti-im-test.html

Gigabyte seems to be too loud for most of the users. Inno X3 Ultra too hot (Vrms ~115°C). What do you guys think?

Greetings from Germany

OcUK Staff
The best so far we tried here on Air that's currently available is G1 by Gigabyte. Was not loud at all and performed great.

I think we have Zotac AMP coming today to try which I will do in the next few days.

Permabanned
Gigabyte G1 is certainly a great card. However it is louder than my previous G1 970 at the same fan settings.
It's not ridiculously loud though & certainly a lot quieter than the reference cards!

Back
Top Bottom