• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
what fan settings do people use on the GIGABYTE G1 980ti's? i had mine set on the auto but they only kick in at 55 degrees, and wasn't sure what i should be running them at so looked at the manual setting that enables fans at certain speeds at certain temps, and wondering if I should just leave this on manual? some people here must haev some suggestions! :)

Custom curve in AB.

jXnIvK4h.png.jpg

Associate
hmm may just build that in my settings as the ones they set as manual just goes up by 10% and I don't think the fans need to spin at 40% at 30 degrees and 50% at 40 degrees hah so if i input the curve you've got ther ein mine you think that'll be good? cant curve in gigabytes i dont think though?

Soldato
hmm may just build that in my settings as the ones they set as manual just goes up by 10% and I don't think the fans need to spin at 40% at 30 degrees and 50% at 40 degrees hah so if i input the curve you've got ther ein mine you think that'll be good? cant curve in gigabytes i dont think though?

I'm overclocking right now so the curve is a bit aggressive, but that is a good starting point.

Soldato
Associate
Me too, the only thing I use it for is setting the led colour on startup. Then it's AB all the way.
Custom fan curve for me to, fan tends to hit a max of 55% when gaming. Good enough to keep it below 70c.

ahhh okay ill look at getting afterburner then? should I just follow your fan curve or would you recommend me a different one im not OC'd at all yet tbh, haven't needed too as I literally bought my components 7 days ago! you think its worth me overclocking it yet?

and ahh yeah i only used gigabytes cossa the LED thing but if can set that without having to load it up I may just go with that!

Caporegime
Caporegime
Got the Z87 version of that board. Spacing is identical on both models same as the hero. With the wf 780's my top card would sometimes hit 85c with a 1-1 fan ratio. More usually mid 70's, bottom card never went over 65c.

Caporegime
Maximus 6 Extreme gives you mega space :D

I thought for dual cards mate that you had to use the two top most slots on the M6E for sli? I remember asking about this on mlg as I had toyed with the idea of getting that board. But basically it would have meant still having the same 1 slot gap. For dual sli, the Asus pro models from their standard range feature a two slot gap. Used the Z77 v pro model with x2 windforce 670's.

Associate
Did anyone upgrade from a 7990? Was it worth it? I'd like to ditch cfx and heat but I read the 980 gets quite hot too. What about the non-ref boards, like the Zotac and Palit?

Forgot to add I game at 1440p 60Hz.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom