• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
comp2.jpg

Inno3d Hybrid installed in my ancient CM Stacker 830. The rad mounts nicely on one of the fans in the door for push/pull :) Need to mess with fan orientation to improve airflow though.

Associate
Hi Tom thanks for the info and pics. Just one question. On Inno3ds site they say this card is a 3 slot card and on caseking.de they claim its a 2 slot card. Which is it, thanks.

Soldato
Hi Tom thanks for the info and pics. Just one question. On Inno3ds site they say this card is a 3 slot card and on caseking.de they claim its a 2 slot card. Which is it, thanks.

Says 3 slot on the Inno homepage...

http://www.inno3d.com/products_detail.php?refid=203

Standard Graphics Card Dimensions:

• Length
  • 266mm
  • Height
  • 115mm
  • Width
  • 3-slot
Would be interested to see what an actual owner finds.

Associate
It's definitely 2 slots, but the spacing would be bloody tight for a second card on my board and you'd lose almost all airflow to the fan on the memory

comp3.jpg

Associate
I got my 2 Hybrids in, I had to remove my sound card though as they hang juuuust over 2 slots. Hdmi cap card fits but the back is a lot slimmer.

I'm running 1430mhz on core with 3890something on memory, max temps have been 58 on both cards so far. Asic quality is 68.7 and 68.6 haha. Girlfriends card was 78 but I gave that to her because she's on single GPU.
Very happy! They're ultra quiet.

Soldato
Furmark is well known for overheating cards for no good reason... Both NVIDIA and AMD now have driver blocks in place that prevent furmark from properly over stressing the cards, which results in the behaviour you are seeing where the cards refuse to run up to full stress... Use a different tool for stress testing

Associate
Just ordered the MSI 6G! I figured the brand reassurance and the fact that I game on a 60hz 1080p monitor that the Amp Extreme just wasn't worth it. The form factor seems much better too.

Associate
Furmark is well known for overheating cards for no good reason... Both NVIDIA and AMD now have driver blocks in place that prevent furmark from properly over stressing the cards, which results in the behaviour you are seeing where the cards refuse to run up to full stress... Use a different tool for stress testing

What would you suggest?

Associate
Not sure if this is a linux problem or a hardware problem but my clocks seem awfully high:

nv1.png

1595 max clock doesn't seem right... will try windows later and see if it's the same

Back
Top Bottom