• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
How many people are running on sli have you got good gains. I have my current inno3d x3 under water but thinking of getting another and run on air for a while. Anyone doing this? I have a thermaltake x9 case skylake 6700k. Running at 4k 60hz g-synch I can max out a few games and run some at qhd but got the itch for ultra on 90% of games. People's thought on the upgrade. Thanks all

New game support for SLI is a lottery. Look at Fallout 4.

Soldato
Thanks for that. Seems to have worked ok. Afterburner says that max Core Clock was 1502 (Whilst playing BF4) and max Memory Clock 3602. If I'm reading that properly the 1502 is great but not sure about memory. Is that to be multiplied by 4?

Multiply the memory by 2. My base overclock is usually +100 core, +150 memory. You could take the memory much further, but the gains in performance is debatable.

I actually run my card at stock settings now as I've found I don't need the extra performance an overclock will provide. Yet.

Soldato
I think that you will be very happy with the switch. I feel like I have a new PC. One thing to consider (depending on the case you have) is that the H55 will likely need to go on the back of the case to exhaust. This is due to the length of the tubes from the pump to the radiator of the H55.

I ended up going with the H55 rad on the back 140mm exhaust on the top (at the back) and my 240mm CPU radiator in front of that on the top.

all fitted 39C idle 55C load now :) loads better and turbo boost 2 is even giving a small increase. loads better than 80C in fallout and noisy fan.

had to fit mine to the top but that will change once i get my h110i gt into the case.

Associate
Multiply the memory by 2. My base overclock is usually +100 core, +150 memory. You could take the memory much further, but the gains in performance is debatable.

I actually run my card at stock settings now as I've found I don't need the extra performance an overclock will provide. Yet.

I kind of agree. Just tinkering at the moment but may well leave it at stock. Thanks for the input.

Associate
So my 980Ti HoF just died.
Just sent a RMA request, only had it 5 weeks.

Wondering if I should request an alternative or take another risk.
It was a terrible overclocker also.

What is their turn around on RMAs?

Typical also...the whole reason for my upgrade was to play Fallout 4...now I can't do that :'( as I'm currently rocking a 7750 :p

Soldato
Where do you lock fps?

Install MSI Afterburner open along with Riva Tuner.

Open Afterburner>click start with windows and start minimized then in monitoring tick framerate on the left in window, highlight them click Show in On Screen Display you'll see OSD next to framerate.

Open Riva tuner,>click start with windows, click on the + at the bottom left to add your game.exe, them look for Frame Limit on the left and set your FPS.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
Alternative to locking fps via 3rd party software.

Turn vsync off in game, and turn it on via NVidia control panel, or adaptive.

Decided on a second 980ti for a nice xmas present to myself :p lol

Soldato
I would say your idle is a bit high but that depends on your ambient temps. My Idle is usually under 30c with my fans at their lowest settings.

Went to 35c after ibsorted pump speed out and fan profile properly.

Ambient is 22c always in my house.

Its also exhausting into the top og my h440 atm u till i get my h110i so that doesnt help.

Have put an ek vardar 2200 rmp fan onto it though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all, so it was my cpu oc causing the freezing while playing, so now have that on stock, and will just concentrating getting gpu overclocked

ideally i would like boost of 1500mhz this possible on stock voltage ? i know silicon lottery etc , i added 100mhz also 130% power limit , when gaming it starts at 1490mhz, then drops and stays at 1480mhz

what are the best programs to test gpu stability ? problem for me is when there is no cpu usage, my case fans dont speed up as fast as they would when gaming so gpu doesnt get much cooling , i also have a side panel fan blowing onto the gpu , i have set the fan speed of each in bios, ideally totally silent on idle but speed up when certain temp is reached

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom