• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
what comments? i was only asking where, it was you lot saying youd got it cheap. jesus nice lot on here arent u

Actually, they were being nice and trying to help you avoid any potential aggro from the mods.

This forum is run by OcUK, so it's understandable we can't mention such things.

Man of Honour
what comments? i was only asking where, it was you lot saying youd got it cheap. jesus nice lot on here arent u

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_special_codes

We, Overclockers UK (OcUK) are happy to provide the resources of these forums to responsible individuals without charge. They cost a substantial amount of money to maintain and use considerable amounts of bandwidth which is paid for exclusively by us. As you know OcUK are in the computer hardware business and therefore the promotion of OcUK's competitors is forbidden. Examples of promotion are :-
Posting links to competitors websites
Posting links to reviews that promote competitors
Quoting the names or contact details of competitors
Offering to provide the names or contact details of competitors
Hinting about product availability at competitors and their pricing
Using the forums to notify a member of intent or actual supply of names or contact details of competitors
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in signatures
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in profile
Posting links to or the mentioning of auction sites
Disguising attempts to do any of the above

Just the rules, no need to get funny.

Soldato
Someones still managed to tell someone else though.

Reminds me of the f1 the other week.

"How is Nico on tyres"
"can't tell you that Lewis"
"how is the weather"
"the weather is good"

Man of Honour
OP
How's everyone's overclocks doing? Just about to start on mine!

0rFAmKN.jpg

Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Reference, roozor, Link, Date 09/06/2015
Make EVGA SC ACX, perosus, Link, Date 09/06/2015
Make Reference, ZombieDescartes, Link, Date 09/06/2015
Make Reference, Techen, Link, Date 08/06/2015
Make Reference, Rap1D, Link, Date 06/06/2015
Make Reference, khemist, Link, Date 06/06/2015
Make EVGA SC Ref, ciggybumly, Link, Date 05/06/2015
Make EVGA SC Ref, N19h7m4r3, Link, Date 04/06/2015
Make Reference, queeg, Link, Date 04/06/2015
Make Reference, abaddon, Link, Date 03/06/2015
Make Reference, Volv, Link, Date 03/06/2015
Make Reference, Larcwide, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, a66as, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Angst, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, RichardH754, Link, Date 02/06/2015
Make Reference, Phixsator, Link, Date 01/06/2015
Make Reference, Tommy_Here, Link, Date 01/06/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your 980 Ti.​

Associate
help for a newb, is it worth me buying an MSI GTX 980 Ti if I don't overclock or use water cooling?

I want to upgrade my GTA 980, Not sure if the model makes any difference for us mortals :)

Associate
I've noticed a problem with my 980 Ti SLI setup I was curious if anyone else had experienced also, it seems to be related to having a G-Sync monitor with a secondary monitor attached.

My setup is:
Acer XB280HK 4k G-Sync (Primary), Dell 1440p U2713HM (Secondary)
Intel 4770k, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 SSD, GTX 980 SLI

Basically what seems to happen is when the secondary display is enabled, when I'm playing Battlefield 4 I get random occurrances of stuttering where the framerate drops from its usual 60fps (G-Sync) to about 45 or so then after 10-15 seconds bounces back to 60fps. Without G-Sync or V-Sync enabled the game runs about 120fps so it's not a raw framerate issue.

When I disable the second display the game runs smooth as butter. I've also tried connecting the secondary display by DisplayPort and DVI, same issue.

I feel this is a driver issue most likely but I wanted to check in case anyone else is scratching their head.

Associate
help for a newb, is it worth me buying an MSI GTX 980 Ti if I don't overclock or use water cooling?

I want to upgrade my GTA 980, Not sure if the model makes any difference for us mortals :)

Why not? Especially given you aren't interested in over clocking yourself, these range topping "hothatch" cards do it for you already.

From the benches I've seen the performance jump is pretty good. If you do, let us know how good it is ;)

Associate
Someones still managed to tell someone else though.

Reminds me of the f1 the other week.

"How is Nico on tyres"
"can't tell you that Lewis"
"how is the weather"
"the weather is good"

During the team radio ban:

Alonso is faster than you. (Not this year though) ;)

Associate
Back
Top Bottom