The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
Just cancelled my Zwift. £17.99 a month is just too much for what i use it for really (something to look at while doing a Garmin workout), might give MyWhoosh ago again.
Plenty of cheaper alternatives now. Wahoo X is £12.99 i believe, Rolla is free.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yep, once my yearly is up I will be cancelling it. Think they have shot themselves in the foot massively with these price increases. Pretty sure that I paid £129.99 for a year and thats going up to £179.99. Thats nearly a 40% increase. They can **** right off. I think they massively underestimate how many people use it for training and use third parties for the actual workouts. I was considering cancelling it anyway and this is certainly going to do it.

Soldato
There isn't even the option to pay for a year on the current price, already been switched to the £17.99 price. I've cancelled but may ask if my work can pay it instead of a gym membership. Still resent paying that much, anyone tried the alternatives? Any good? Is there one that has a nice Alp Du Zwift type climb

Soldato
My Zwift subscription is already paused so I need to make sure it remains paused or cancelled as I'm not paying that. I feel the £16 I pay for Trainer Road is worth while. £18 for a few avatars isn't it.

Wild and brave of them to do it going into the warmer months as well :cry:

@floatindolphin - I think Rouvy has some good climbs. Probably the one I'll try. They even do discounts on group memberships.

I find it funny we all clearly just got the email at the same time and came here to shout.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I feel they've gone about this rather badly. I get it might not be sustainable at their current rate, but that's a huge jump. £18pm seems A LOT more than £13pm, which was already borderline for many. I got a free year when Wahoo closed their one down, I do enjoy things like the climb portal, but I'm not sure I enjoy it £18pm much...

Soldato
I hope the market doesn't follow. £18/month feels rather greedy and will likely make me think twice about mixing Zwift into my current Trainerroad usage.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think their (kind of valid) justification is that the price hasn't increased for a long time (2017) so 7 years of inflationary price increases puts their updated prices still on the lower end. That being said, doing it in one chunk is hard to swallow and their offering is fundamentally the same for most people for a long time. I just use it for a bit of visual intrigue now and a nice UI wrapper around workouts I import but I can happily lose that if it saves me nearly £200/year.

Associate
That's a big jump, my usage has dipped a lot now that we are into golf season. Right now I can justify keeping it going for occasional workouts but I can see a helluva lot of people leaving the service.

It's probably the time of year where they have a dip in monthly subscribers for summer so they are probably banking on a load of folk coming back in winter paying full whack to offset the initial shock

Soldato
I think their (kind of valid) justification is that the price hasn't increased for a long time (2017) so 7 years of inflationary price increases puts their updated prices still on the lower end.

And we can see from the responses everywhere that it is more then the market with stomach. I think they need to go back to the drawing board with this.

Soldato
Yep, also cancelling. Annoying as I only got into it a couple of months ago, but there we are. Will try MyWhoosh and Wahoo X.
There's Rolla to try as well, that's free.

I mostly follow my Garmin recommendations, haven't done a Zwift workout for ages.
Going to try the free ones and if not then I'll give Wahoos ago I think.

Lot of like minded people it seems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom