Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Honestly, it makes me feel like a pro at photgraphy when I'm not even doing anything.

I'm sure to the anyone with even the teeniest bit of photography talent would notice flaws but I'm impressed.

Picture of my killer
LKbc.jpeg

It's a bit noisy and her ears look like they're half blurred half not.

Soldato
I did last night. No difference between a 6S+ and a 7+ except the 7 was a bit louder, probably due to the speakers being better.

Any chance you can upload the original to dropbox or somewhere for us? I'd like to compare it with the videos I've taken from my 6S+ and 7+.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
It is the nature of the batteries that are used in modern devices, phone's have caught fire or exploded in the past but it was rare and still is today but it can happen. It is probably because of the recent Samsung battery issue that people are more aware. I think it is very unlikely that there is a problem with the IPhone 7 batteries, it is just some people have been unlucky.

Soldato
"A" person as far as I can tell? I've had a quick google (worrying tbh after combat squirrel's comment) and I can only see this one single report?

Anyone seen any others?

Soldato
I just had a quick google too and only see the incident you mentioned (caught fire in transit) and a case of battery inflation but no fire or explosion.

I certainly would not worry about it if I had a 7.

Soldato
hysteria is the ocuk iPhone 7 owning community jumping to defend their 'perfect' phone :p :D

But Yeh just what I read somewhere..... Relax ;)

Ha, I knew you'd retort with that :p

I'll let you know if mine explodes when I receive it... which might be this year if i'm lucky...

Ordered it on release day... still due in "November". The longer I wait, the more tempted I am to just cancel it and wait for the proper update next year :D

Associate
It's probably Samsung releasing it to the net to deflect some bad reputation :D

I was buying two i7 and one of them had volume down button stuck : / had issues with reconnecting to Internet (after loosing signal completely) and a hiss noise. I took it on apple payment plan and to exchange it they had to cancel my loan completely lol and then they didn't have new one to replace it...(I would have to sign a new contract)

I would have thought the process would be easier in situations with damaged units

Soldato
I am kinda enjoying my 7 plus, thought I would list a few things coming from a note 5.

1. Nice screen, missing the oled but not as much as I thought I would.

2. Speakers a massive upgrade.

3. Like the home button.. untill I am at work with gloves on. Wth?

4. Speed. Ok benchmarks aside, most stuff is smoother and apps seem to be of a higher quality.

5. Speed part two. Opening my most used apps, facebook and YouTube the Note 5 does it faster, even my note 2 loads quicker on regular comparisons.?? Often left looking at a half blank facebook page and grey YouTube video boxes.

6. A lot of things are long winded, like changing cam/video res...wallpaper.

7. Standby time and battery life way way better than the 5, seem to get up in the morning with the same battery % I went bed with. The 5 -1% an hour at least.

8. Phone gets very warm.

9. Missing my notes cam quick launch.

10. Finger print scanner far more reliable but not noticeably faster.

11. This thing is dam slippery! (Mat black)

Soldato
Coming from the iphone 5 and the swipe to unlock. I am still getting used to just pressing down on the home button and quite often I hold it for too long and it brings up the voice command interface :(

Soldato
Coming from the iphone 5 and the swipe to unlock. I am still getting used to just pressing down on the home button and quite often I hold it for too long and it brings up the voice command interface :(

In fairness thats iOS10, nothing to do with the specific device.

I must admit though it's stumped me a few times trying to get into a phone that I know the passcode for but don't have a fingerprint saved on.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Still noting from EE, ordered at 8.30 on the pre order date! so tempted to just ring up and cancel. My 6s has now expired on Mazzuma mobile and is worth £50 less now so another blow.

7 plus jet black 128gb

Associate
In fairness thats iOS10, nothing to do with the specific device.

I must admit though it's stumped me a few times trying to get into a phone that I know the passcode for but don't have a fingerprint saved on.

You can change this in the home button settings - select 'Rest to unlock'

Back
Top Bottom