The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Crysis 2 - 4/10

Massive disappointment. Too short with no real depth, far too linear, frustrating auto save system, awful AI. A real lack of imagination turned the sequel to one of the best PC games ever into a bland console run and gun.

Soldato
Saints Row The Third: The Trouble With Clones (ok, it's DLC included in the season pass, but it's a seperate story)

8/10

A nice, polished side story. And another epic final mission!! Completed it in a day, but well worth it!

Soldato
Diablo 3. 9/10 - if it weren't for the Blizz fail with the servers, I'd have given it a 10.

Don't know why but it doesn't seem to bother me completing effectively the same thing over and over. I think the difficulty and different abilities the mobs have make you forget your doing an area you done 4 times already. I also find co-op fun, as for example: in act 4 hell I solo'd it easily but in co-op we are finding it hard :D

Associate
I'm not entirely sure. It could be between 3 games

Mafia II - 9/10.
Very engaging game, was fun and the story was pretty strong. A little too short though.

Alan Wake - 9/10
Use of light as a weapon was rather fun. Story is a little crazy but is easy to keep track of.

Half life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2 - 10/10
Half life 2 - Nothing to say.
Episode 1 - Definitely not as fun or engaging as the other two, found myself getting distracted at times.
Episode 2 - Nothing to say.

Associate
Diablo 3 - 7/10: I'm not marking it down for the terrible DRM as I never intended to play this game solo, although the connection issues stopped us playing a couple of times. The co-op is pretty good fun, especially playing a barbarian and trying to tank for my friend's demon hunter, but I didn't find the game everyone was raving about while playing it. I enjoyed Torchlight 2 more when I tried the beta weekend.

Next game I play will probably be Mass Effect (the original) as I never got around to playing them. It's a long game, though, so I might play Batman Arkham City alongside it.

Also just picked up the Frozen Synapse complete edition off their website (it's a bit cheaper, and you get some extra soundtracks). This game, in a word, is phenomenal. Only played four games against a friend so far, but it's one of the most tense games I have ever played. Looking forward to playing the co-op campaign. Also, the soundtracks for the original game and Red DLC are absolutely superb, as is Impeccable Micro, the bonus chip tune album.

Last edited:
Soldato
Diablo 3 - 8/10 pretty fun untill you hit inferno where the game is supposed to be played for years but its just a grind redoing the same quest,same level layout everytime with no variation something torchlight did to some degree after the campign but more so with torchlight 2

Max Payne 3 - 8/10 awesome story and gameplay like the other two max paynes but kinda miss the noir style and lack of something else other than doing the campaign or mp like an arena mode or something

Soldato
Prototype 2. It's a good game but the missions can get a bit boring towards the end, they're all very similar but the powers are a lot of fun and the game does look nice.

7/10

Currently working on Max Payne 3 but impressions so far are a strong 9/10

Soldato
The Witcher 2- Just finished it for the first time, despite owning it since release. What a brilliant game, so many choices (i made a couple wrong ones:p) and the story is very gripping. Combat is a lot better than the first witcher, and ofcourse it looks great with everything at max settings. It took me around about 40hrs to finish so a good sized rpg that just oozed quality throughout. Roll on witcher 3;)

10/10

Man of Honour
OP
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 8/10

The story wasn't as good as AC2, but I am still absolutely engrossed in the series. The level design was much more interesting and I enjoyed buying up parts of Rome. My biggest dislike were the hoops that had to be jumped through to get 100% synchronisation - sure, I like the new objectives, but it is a little frustrating where you don't meet them and suddenly get 50%. Also I hope Revelations actually starts to answer some questions and move the story along.

Not sure I can wait for Revelations to be on sale again :p

Caporegime
max payne 3
7/10

i would give it 9/10 if it wasnt for the amount of cut scenes where you arent in control of your character

Soldato
Street Fighter x Tekken! Cross the line. ;)

8/10

Diablo 3, 5/10 Very short game, poor cut scenes, lots of bugs to sort out and should have been about 15 GBP tops :(

Not to mention fickle servers that only worked when Blizzard could be bothered to make them work.

EDIT: Oh, and a DRM that requires you to be on said servers to even look at your characters, let alone play the god damn game.

5/10 is a fair rating.

Soldato
Max Payne 3.. 6/10.

Shooting range after shooting range linked with cut scenes that I felt took away the feel of the game. Bullet time was not fun like the other games and it became boring very quickly. Rinse and repeat for 10 hours.

Soldato
Bastion 9/10. Brilliant.

Apart from that, I haven't completed a game in ages....probably since ME3, which I would give 6/10.

I am close to finishing MP3 now.

Associate
Starcraft 2 Campaign - 9/10 (I know I should be playing multiplayer) :rolleyes:

I have had the game since it was released but due to having a long term illness (nothing serious just a mild case of Steam-Sale-itus :eek: ) I have spent too much time deciding what to play rather than getting stuck in.

Anyways - 25 missions took a reasonable amount of time, story was ok and I am looking forward to the DLC next year.

I also bowed to peer pressure and bought Diablo 3 which is now taking up my spare time. Wish I hadn't played torchlight so recently as the the 2 are so similair. I can see what all the fuss is about but I also agree with some of the reviews on here complaining about the bugs etc.

Doesn't stop me from being glued to it.......

Back
Top Bottom