The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
FarCry 3

8/10

+Storyline was gripping for the most part
+Good selection of weapons and attachments
+In depth characters
-Not long enough
-A few glitches here and there
-The way your character can kill loads of people, loot them but as soon as you skin an animal, Brody hates doing it every time.

Last edited:
Associate
Metro 2033 - easily 10/10. I wish there were an expansion pack so that I could just keep playing. Although it's a linear game, I didn't actually feel that it was and just got lost in the story. Kept me wanting to play just one more level :)

Soldato
Not often I complete games due to time,losing interest, and/or getting stuck and bored trying to complete something that seems to be down to luck than any skill.

But in the last year or so I have completed two games.

Latest one completed:Mafia 2 I really enjoyed - 8/10
Previous one (might be just over a year ago):AVP also really enjoyed - 8/10

Last edited:
Associate
Batman: Arkham Asylum

9/10

Awesome game. Really surprised it was that good. I'd recommend this game to everyone even if you're not a Batman fan.

I initially played with a 360 controller and got a little frustrated looking around. Unplugged it and enjoyed the game much more with mouse and keyboard.

Associate
Arkham City - 9/10. Only complaint is the occasional stuttering in some parts.

Max Payne 3 - 7/10. Max controls like he's wearing lead boots and gameplay felt repetitve after a while. The story/cutscenes was very tedious but it's a fun and good looking game overall.

Soldato
Assassin's Creed 3: 7/10

+Good graphics in some areas, scenery and models.
+Combat seemed fluid more than ever.
+Lots to do if you wish to.
-Missions seemed a bit average overall.
-Connor seemed a lot less lively character than Eizio who was by far better.
-Some parts of the game shouldn't be in it as they can create boredom fast.
-Performance wasn't that great.

Soldato
Bastion: 9/10

Fantastic little game, not the usual type of game I would play but gave it a go and loved it. Gameplay was refreshing if a little simple, but the storyline/atmosphere and narrator were amazing.

Associate
Dishonored - Quality game if you use your imagination, these a lot of crazy things you can do in it with the powers at hand, could have been a tad longer but as it is a well playable 7.5

Soldato
Spec ops the line played with a 360 controller!

Hands down the best modern day military shooter story ive played, the choices u make arent as simple as other games with obvious good/bad choices, its done in a way that u dont realise its a choice ubtil after u make it, well for me anyway and it does a great job of making you feel the weight of these choices later on!

Very short but knew that going in so waited to get it cheap just for the campaign, good solid shooting too! I reckon its the same engine as gears of war as a lot of the prompts and stuff are very similar but its more fast paced etc

Kept me interested for 5/6 hours

Soldato
Batman Arkham City

The game itself was great. The GFWL system and some of the technical aspects not so much.

Positives:
+ Manages to capture the feel of being Batman even better than Arkham Asylum!
+ The combat mechanics are nigh-on perfect for this type of game. The fighting continued to be fun right to the end. It manages to feel fast and fluid but also skilled. Despite the frantic pace I never felt like I was just button-mashing
+ The villains are superbly brought to life, especially Joker. In fact I think it may be my favourite Joker portrayal of all
+ The city is dark, atmospheric and very Batman-esque
+ The story is pure comic-book Batman style
+ The game looks pretty damn good in DX11 with tessellation and PhysX - and it ran fine on my not particularly high-end PC

Negatives:
- The boss fights are a bit underwhelming/disappointing on the whole, I thought
Especially the climactic battle with Clayface. Three phases of just spamming the same attack, and the tired old gimmick of making the enemy roll into handily-placed explosives... very disappointing imo
Except for
The Mr Freeze fight. This one was great. After I'd taken him down with explosive gel, a silent takedown and the disruptor I was hiding in the shadows wondering what I could use on him next. Really cool battle.
- I really couldn't be bothered with the sheer number of Riddler collectibles. I know some people like this kind of thing, but it was way overdone for me
- The Catwoman levels were too short and bar one fight not challenging or interesting enough
- The technical issues really detracted for me. Long disc check times, long initial load times, unwanted checks for DLC every time, and then there's the seriously annoying issue that you can't change graphics settings or key-bindings from within the game. Why?!

Overall a cracking game. Nothing quite like immersing yourself in a game that successfully gives you the feeling that you are the Dark Knight! Out of ten? Probably a very solid 8.5-9.

Associate
Witcher 2. Absolutely beautiful game with a good storyline. Combat is pretty good and has been improved over the months. Finally got round to finishing it since having the game on release! Can't believe it was a mere £4.99 in the steam sale too, grab it if it still it that low!

Soldato
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition

7/10

Loved this game :)
Took 14hours to complete (so many riddlers trophies)

Good:
+ Fighting Style
+ Voice Acting
+ Graphics
+ Atmosphere

Bad:
- DRM (SecuROM activation - only 5 times allowed, GFWL activation & Steam)

I liked it so much I bought Arkham City but think I'm all batman'd out so am leaving that for a bit as it seems to drag.
In AC I dislike the way u have to go from one side of the city to the other, just drags a lot.
Also so far there seems to be a lot of OTT stealthy areas where u spend more time hiding waiting for opportunity for takedowns zzzZZZzzz

Soldato
Hitman: Absolution....

6/20

It's just not the same... Hitman: Blood Money in my opinion was this Franchises perfection...

This game is too linear, too scripted and just doesn't allow for any real creativity, I've waited years for it and am bitterly disappointed!

Soldato
Completed Far Cry 3 and Bastion yesterday, sorry if posting two games isn't allowed :p

Far Cry 3

+ Storyline
+ Good selection of weapons
+ The voice acting is great, especially for Vaas
+ Randomly getting attacked by animals while doing things such as trying to scout an outpost

- The constant pop-ups telling what you have got to do next and such
- QTEs (Never really a fan of them)

Really enjoyed it and one of the best games I've played recently.

9/10

Bastion

+ Soundtrack
+ Narrator
+ Colour
+ Story

- Gameplay

Didn't really enjoy the gameplay/combat but loved everything else. I'm sure plenty of other people really liked the gameplay though.

7/10

Soldato
Hitman: Absolution. 6/10. Disappointed. So much so, in fact, that I didn't even bother with Contracts mode -- just went straight for the uninstall so I could get the hard disk space back to install something else.

Almost finished Far Cry 3, so that'll be next, then need to decide whether to concentrate on Homefront, Serious Sam 3, or L.A. Noire. Will probably do the latter due to the lack of multiplayer opportunity and (again) the masses of HDD real estate freed up when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom