The last game you completed, and rating.

Man of Honour
OP

First completed game on upgraded PC setup having been mostly on console for years!

Visually the best game I’ve played along with a true to form environment, along with the audio that really reveals the strengths of an open headset and soundstage. It can be quite tough at times and levelling only makes you a little more powerful; gear seems to give you most of your strength. It’s a little grindy true to Ubisoft games, but at least they’ve varied the grind a little. Some of the games weaknesses are revealed later on once you acquire new means of travelling and for me was when the game got a bit worse, along with some of the later quests. It’s glorious on foot though and through the forest, but the visuals reduce a bit later on in the game with a lot of pop in and reduced textures. They’ve taken a lot from the Horizon series, but haven’t implemented it as well, but I still appreciate the effort. Overall I enjoyed it.

A solid 8/10 from me.

Associate
I just finished Ghostwire:Tokyo today, which was free from Epic over the Christmas period. It was better than I was expecting with an interesting story, combat, gameplay and good quality graphics. I was expecting to get bored and to move on to something else, but the story and upgrades helped keep me interested. I feel that I also have to mention that it has lots of cats, dogs and Japanese mysticism/folklore. Furthermore, I somehow got hooked on feeding all the Shiba Ini in and around Tokyo.

Overall (as it was free, it gets a bit higher score) I'd give the game 7/10.

Associate
Dead space remake. I played the entire game on my Steam deck over the Christmas period. Performance was a bit rubbish at times, but otherwise it was pretty enjoyable, if slightly repetitive by the end. Enough jumps to keep me entertained and some seemingly random encounters.
Never played the original so can't compare to that.
Could have expanded on the combat and it did drag on slightly too long. The story was nothing special. Atmosphere was great and sound design was pretty spot on.
6/10

Last edited:
Soldato
God of war 7/10 enjoyed the story and the cinematics. My taste must have changed as button mashing wasn't very fun this time as per previous god of war games. Also took me 19 hours to complete so I'm pretty glad I payed about £15. Still enjoyed it and hope Ragnarok comes to pc at some point.

Soldato
Finished Dead Ilsand 2 a while ago, a lot better than I expected, but wish it was more like the first game, more open world, fun game never the less. May be a 8/10.

Last edited:
Associate
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - 8.5/10

Just couldn't get into the story or characters, perhaps because it was my first R&C game. And there were serious performance issues with frame drops and crashes to desktop, so not the best port around - if this was sorted, its easily a 9/10 for me.

The graphics, environments, general pacing of the game and combat were top notch!

Last edited:
Associate
Death of the outsider - 6.5/10

Continuation of the dishonored series but from a different character viewpoint (in this case Billie Lurk). It's a good little story. 10h gameplay without replaying anything. Like with the original series (and in typical Arkane style), it allows multiple ways to achieve the same objective.

Caporegime
Brotato - 10/10

Horde management like Vampire Survivors but even better! I really hope the developers are going to support the game with some kind of DLC, i.e. extra characters and weaponry. Got all the Steam achievements but there are still things to do like getting every character completion on danger 5 run (I've only done it once in 100 hours!)

Associate
Prodeus - 9/10. Doom clone retro shooter made using modern techniques in a classic style. Fast and frantic gameplay and uber satisfying weapons. Secrets in all levels to find like games of old and specific time trial levels along with the main story. Paid £1.60 in the sale but would have happily paid £20 for nearly 10 hours of fun.

Soldato
Disco Elysium 8.5/10

Had been meaning to play this for a long time, didn't think it would be my thing but ended up really enjoying it. HARDCORE!!!! :)
I'm playing this at the moment. I'm only about 13 hours in, but for me it's the best thing I've played in recent memory (so far). I've avoided all spoilers, and just fumbling my way through, but almost looking forward to getting it finished so I can look at some Youtube videos on it to see what other people thought.
Can't believe I slept on it for so long.

Associate
Disco Elysium 8.5/10

Had been meaning to play this for a long time, didn't think it would be my thing but ended up really enjoying it. HARDCORE!!!! :)
Sunk a few hours into this, then forgot about it. Was unique, but needs dedicated time. I tend to have short gaming sessions these days.

Soldato
I'm playing this at the moment. I'm only about 13 hours in, but for me it's the best thing I've played in recent memory (so far). I've avoided all spoilers, and just fumbling my way through, but almost looking forward to getting it finished so I can look at some Youtube videos on it to see what other people thought.
Can't believe I slept on it for so long.
Inland Empire really made the game special for me - enjoy! :)

Associate
Sunk a few hours into this, then forgot about it. Was unique, but needs dedicated time. I tend to have short gaming sessions these days.
Never really got into it, I don't think narrative based games are for me.
I just restarted Cyberpunk. I previously had parked it a couple of hours into act 2 and got side tracked with other games. With patch 2.1 out, the game had changed enough for a restart. Enjoying it so far and just got back into act 2 yesterday.
The graphic enhancements, in particular the RTX ray tracing reflections introduced make the game look amazing.
I'm still a bit divided on the combat, it's fun but it can feel a bit inconsequential and repetitive. There is no variation in the approach required to win (in all of the encounters so far anyway).
I think Witcher 3 suffered the same, the storyline and quests are great, but the combat is just a matter of killing a few things off in order to progress to the next thing.
The story is engaging, I like the revamp in skills, cyberware, inventory, crafting, all that stuff is great. 3 years after release, this really feels like the triple A game they aimed to have at release.

Soldato
Recently replayed Return to Castle Wolfenstein, with an ultrawide mod and Venom mod to make the textures and shades look a bit more modern.

Still holds up today. Yes the cut scenes are cringey, but honestly the gameplay is fantastic still.

Soldato
40k - Rogue Trader - 8.5 / 10

Love the game overall a fun blast to play if you like the genera, though it feels it suffers slightly what baulder gate did, in fact more so that a lot of the polish was done for chapter 1 & 2 then trailed off midway. Game does have some bugs so recommend waiting for another month or so, or possibly even for DLC for it to get the polish and updates it deserves, that would push it to a 9 for me.

Back
Top Bottom