The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare

Man of Honour
This seems to have released in the US but doesn't appear to have got a UK release. Looking around it seems it will go straight to streaming here but I can't find any concrete details on where or when. Previous Guy Ritchie films went straight to Amazon so I'm guessing that will happen after the US run has finished.

Or have I missed something?

It's a pity because this was one of the few films this year that I was going to get myself to the cinema for.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a pity because this was one of the few films this year that I was going to get myself to the cinema for.

Same here, it looks like an unabashed "fun action film", I like the cast and I like the story so I'd definitely have paid money to watch it in the cinema, even though its being reviewed as a "Meh" film in the States (where the Box Office for this is dire TBF). It really looks like Cavill just can NOT catch a break at the moment!

Well that sucks. Looks like an Amazon Prime premier in the UK.

Which severely limits any money the studio will get, such an unbelievably odd decision but it must make sense to some financial manager somewhere I suppose.

Last edited:
Soldato
7/10

Silly British accents grated after a while, some dodgy acting and seemed like a Wish Tarantino movie at times :( But enjoyed it and was a fun flick, last act was intense and brutal :)

Ritchson is a machine, who'd have though Cavill could look small next to anyone, but Ritchson is a fricking mountain! And Eiza Gonzalez, wowzer - Mack the Knife has never been sang so well!

Soldato
really enjoyed this last, loved the storyline as true(sort of) wayy over the top as usual from movies, play very fast n loose with actual factual story.
never a dull moment, found myself chuckling now n again. not for those faint of heart to say least. so dodgy acting on occasion some i felt b movie special effects but didn't detract that much. 8/10

Soldato
I actually enjoyed it, pretty decent movie and tells a very fictionalised story about one of the most pivotal events in WW2 history, a mission that effectively allowed the USA to finally join the war, and of course it was this event and it's members who inspired Ian Flemming to create the James Bond stories, who was based on Major Gus March-Phillipps.

The book itself was also really good imho.

Caporegime
6.5/10. - 0.5 was added for Reacher and another 0.5 for Eiza Gonzalez :D

Nothing really wrong with it, it was just predictable and by the numbers for the most part. Henry Cavill didn't really do much in my opinion. All the physical brutality came from Alan Ritchson. Accents jarred quite a bit in places as well and the Churchill actor overdid it a bit. I doubt I would ever watch it again.

Guy Ritchie films seem to be one good, one bad/average for me atm. This falls into the bad/average category, Covenant was great, Operation Ruse....didn't even finish watching it, Wrath of Man awesome, Aladdin bad etc

rp2000

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
operation Ruse was great :)

I found this one a little missing for some reason, the pacing felt kinda off and Henry C's character was great at the start then it was forced into the background a lot.

(Loved the forced accents, makes it quite funny)

Soldato
Hmmmmm, bit of a odd one this - it "should" be a good film but something, somewhere just feels "off" about it but I can't say exactly what it is - cast was fine, story was OK-ish, direction seemed OK, editing seemed OK, effects/stunts seemed OK, cinematography seemed fine etc etc yet despite all those OK/good parts it still just felt "less" than the sum of all those individual parts when it was put together.

A very "OK I suppose but won't watch again" 5/10 from me.

Plot Question - When they find out about the steel welded to the ship and the ship leaving early, the timing of when that work was done seems very important as multiple characters asked about it for about 30 seconds - as in the characters may have been thinking "hmmm, did the Germans know an attack maybe coming, maybe we have a mole" etc - yet after that 30 seconds of "this might be an important subplot" questioning with no answer, its dropped and never mentioned again - anyone else notice that?

Last edited:
Soldato
It was decent but didn't feel like a Guy Richie film, won't be a rewatch like Snatch / Lock Stock etc but it's def not the worst film I've watched this year so far.

Associate
Not great but ok. Bit sick of the Guy Ritchies "".... Who else does that these days ?

Really liked The Covenant, but pretty much everything else since Snatch hasn't been great, Tne Gentlemen was ok.
Wanted to be Guy Ritchies Inglorious ******** but was more like Guy Ritchies Allo Allo.

Back
Top Bottom