• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Caporegime
OP
I suppose I.E 'guess' suggesting it only fair. However as I say running that again isn't an option for me now not having the Ti, and also it would have been left over from the previous thread. So unless you give me a firm reason why my result is 'invalid' I'll take umbrage with your poor decision. Despite the fact later versions are slower isn't much in the way of patching. Unless you want to find out what all game versions the results were run at on the board?

So I'll put it simply, why exactly is my score invalid. Or else I stand by what I've said, in that you shouldn't be running this thread.

Me give you a reason? you gave yourself a reason, you knew the game was slower with these patches and said so yourself in the original thread, knowing i was right to ask you to do it again you tried to bully me into adding your invalid score and are still trying to do that now.

You want Tommy to do this? he gave it to me to do, you need to go back and read why Tommy no longer wanted to do this thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
As I said, give me a reason as to why it is invalid. I didn't say my score was an invalid result, and it's not up to me to decide so quoting me proves nothing. You have failed to give me a VALID reason and you are governing this thread.

So please give me one, seeing as you are rejecting the result.

Soldato
My scores apparently not valid as it's from the previous thread, I'm just after a valid reason as to why that might be. Given there are no game version requirements in the OP.

The output settings are the same as to my knowledge and the reason given by Humbug previously was that I had to ask nicely, so I've obliged :)

Caporegime
OP
Whats going on?

Why all the moaning?

He's trying to get me to add a score. i realised that he did the bench before the game was patched with new features. i politely asked him to do a fresh one.

His next response to me was to say that i should not be doing this thread.

It turns out that he knew the bench he gave me gives him an unfair advantage over those already in here, because he did it before the game was patched with new features, those features reduce the performance, He even said so in the old thread back in April

Now he wants me to explain to him why its invalid.

Its all posted above you :)

Caporegime
No scores are valid from the original thread as various patches were released that changed performance and new image quality options were added/tweaked. Why is this still going on? Everyone else had to resubmit a score and the same applies to Frosty.

Humbug, just don't bother responding. I'm beginning to see why tommy gave the thread up.

Caporegime
The game auto updates?

If not, how can you guarantee any of the other results are valid and using the"latest settings etc" DX patches etc?

@Frosty, is it such a chore to run it again? its not like its a long and tedious benchmark.

Soldato
I can't with a Ti unfortunately as I no longer have one.

But I take umbrage with the fact previously his reasoning was completely different. Honestly I am just highlighting his playground ruling.

Perhaps this, a long with the other top results that you disputed will stop people from bothering with your threads in future.

Caporegime
OP
The game auto updates?

If not, how can you guarantee any of the other results are valid and using the"latest settings etc" DX patches etc?

@Frosty, is it such a chore to run it again? its not like its a long and tedious benchmark.

I can't guarantee anything, i can't guarantee what anyone does with their Drivers or the game... but if i don't know then i have to assume that every result is legitimate.

When its plain to see that it is not, i cannot add it as its unfair on everyone else whom are rightfully presumed to be legitimate.

Frosty has no more right to be grated a known invalid score than anyone. It makes a farce of the whole thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't guarantee anything, i can't guarantee what anyone does with thier Drivers or them game... but if i don't know then i have to assume that every result is legitimate.

When its plain to see that it is not, i cannot add it as its unfair on everyone else whom are rightfully presumed to be legitimate.

Frosty has no right to be grated an known invalid score than anyone. It makes a farce of the whole thing.

Maybe we should see how many agree with you there, Humbug.

Or maybe you can explain to Stulid as to why the last time I tried to submit you asked me to ask again nicely. At this stage in my opinion it's the principle of the matter rather than anything else.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't see the issue as people had pushed their systems on the previous thread that got forgotten about, so I see no reason to not allow scores from that thread personally. It is a game thread where people could run any settings and post and no one would be any the wiser.

It isn't like new patches harmed performance and in fact, they gave a boost to frames as I can see from previous scores.

Soldato
Well there you have it. Scoreboard can stay as it is then, but I would like to request this stays as it is so people can maybe think twice before contributing to a doctored results board. :)

Caporegime
I can't see the issue as people had pushed their systems on the previous thread that got forgotten about, so I see no reason to not allow scores from that thread personally. It is a game thread where people could run any settings and post and no one would be any the wiser.

It isn't like new patches harmed performance and in fact, they gave a boost to frames as I can see from previous scores.

Didn't you refuse to post entries in the starswarm bench because people didn't put official entry before their submission?

We should respect the rules the OP has decided, it's up to him at the end of the day as he goes to the trouble of managing the thread. I think the rules are fine and up until now we've all abided by them without issue.

Caporegime
OP
I cant see why the drama, Frosty has/had a quick rig.

And others will have faster rigs, the problem is his score is not down to his rig.

The only way others can match it is if they modify the game to make it easier on their hardware, in other words cheat.

Not a single benchmark that anyone runs allows people to gain an advantage over others by cheating, Frosty is no different. if i give him special dispensation then i will have a whole-nother fallout to deal with.

Or do i then allow everyone to cheat, where does it stop? does it simply become who is best at cheating?

This argument has gone on long enough, Frosty gets treated in the same way as anyone, fairley

Last edited:
Soldato
Humbug

How does my result stand out to you exactly. I take it you've run an earlier build of the game with a 4.8 hex core cpu and a 780Ti running at 30c over 1300 core to have a rough idea?

Don't instigate the situation. Or can I take from that , that you assume most NV scores nearer the top are not valid?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Matt,

You're truly a simple and clueless individual.

How does my result stand out to you exactly

Touche.

But Frosty from what I can tell and read hasnt cheated, hes just run the benchmark before some updates, not his fault.

Don't think he's cheating, but as a new thread was started and there had been multiple updates and image quality changes to the game it was decided at the time tommy gave up the old thread that Humbug would start a new thread and everyone would start over, using the new settings and would have to resubmit their scores to reflect all the changes. It made sense then, it makes sense now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well it comes down to trust in something that can't be monitored and I thought we had some good trust and in the threads I run, I trust the people who post. It isn't like you can win anything, so I see no point in cheating.

There isn't anything stopping people from cheating however, I have seen no scores that look like they have cheated in this thread or in the other bench threads.

Back
Top Bottom