• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The NEW Tomb Raider Benchmark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
1305Mhz / 3938Mhz

780Ti Ref SC (water)

4960X @ 4.7Ghz

Win 8.1

86.5 FPS ;)

e2yz.jpg

It's getting toasty now. I find this bench actually runs better though. I clocked open TR soon as I came in and it was ropey from cold, go figure lol. And I uploaded full size - so that you can see detail better, I'm not one for cheating x

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers mate. Think 1305Mhz is the limit in some instances. Least not without more volts. Still that's a lot better than I was getting on air and decent for a ref card.

Can't seem to break much further in the memory department though. Really want to hit 2Ghz :D

Caporegime
My Tomb Raider scores are still missing some fps. Can't figure out whats wrong. I know this because at stock i lost to my overclocked 7990 yet every other game/benchmark ive tested my stock 290 setup was faster than my 7990 overclocked setup. Anyway...

Had to run my cpu at 3.6ghz to stop my psu from crapping out mid way through the bench. :D

PG Tips is safe, until i get a better psu and can use more than +0.095mv without the psu crapping its pants.

[email protected]
290Pro Crossfire @1225/1625
13.11 Beta 9.2

jXYQgsq.jpg

Man of Honour
Nice Kaap. I would be interested to see how they fair @ 1600P if you get chance :)

I will give it a go tomorrow when I am off work.:)

After the fun I have had trying to get four of these cards to run on SB-E to no avail I am a little concerned as to what problems Mantle could bring when it comes to overstressing CPUs with extra workload. I think the problem with my 3970X may have been where AMD have done away with the xfire bridges giving the CPU more work to do on the PCI-E lanes. I think the 4930k I used to run the cards is maybe a little stronger on the PCI-E lanes.

Having said that I hope I am wrong about Mantle.

Caporegime
Mantle is supposed to take the stress from the CPU away, so it should be better but PGI picked up on the lack of CF bridges and the extra stress on the lanes is showing on your overclock.

Man of Honour
Mantle is supposed to take the stress from the CPU away, so it should be better but PGI picked up on the lack of CF bridges and the extra stress on the lanes is showing on your overclock.

I think with Mantle where it is supposed to move data between the GPU and CPU more efficiently it could actually end up stressing the CPU even more. It is a bit like how someone described a motorway to me once, "it is the most efficient way between two traffic jams".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom