The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Laugh all you like, but I think he's a ****.

I can't stand his attitude, and I don't like his style of play.

I know he's got history with Sir Bobby, but honestly, that's not enough to endear him to me.

He's past it, and it would be a step backwards for the Toon.

Soldato
Have I missed something?

Given that we didn’t appoint Jose this afternoon — so the laughing can’t be attributed to some comedic timing — I can only assume that the other two posters think I’m a deluded fan of a “small football club that hasn’t won anything for 50 years”, snubbing one of the most decorated football managers of all time.

Caporegime
Given that we didn’t appoint Jose this afternoon — so the laughing can’t be attributed to some comedic timing — I can only assume that the other two posters think I’m a deluded fan of a “small football club that hasn’t won anything for 50 years”, snubbing one of the most decorated football managers of all time.
Moderately successful in recent years but inevitably turns the fans and dressing room against him in time.

Soldato
Would you expect anything different from some liverpool fans

Last edited:
Soldato
I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t want Jose anywhere near my club either, he’s a car crash and while he ‘may’ win a trophy (didn’t at Spurs) the absolute state he leaves clubs in isn’t worth the risk imho
We can’t afford to take those sort of risks as the payoff tends to be huge to get rid of him

Last edited:
Soldato
More sponsorships to be announced. Sela and Adidas are not in the 250m yet but have already been announced. Sela 25million and adidas is said to be around the 40million mark

The Times report – 19 January 2024:

“Newcastle are set to announce a series of sponsorship deals in the forthcoming weeks that will further boost a turnover that has risen to £250 million since the club were taken over by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund in October 2021.”

Soldato
We should look a bit better in the Sumer we have a lot of out of contracy deadwood that’s going to save us and if we can move on the deadwood in Lewis, Hayden and Frazer the saving will be even bigger.

Out of Contract
Richie £45k
Manquillo £35k
Kraft £55k
Hendrick £40k
Dummett £35k

Deadwood
Lewis £38k
Frazer £41k
Hayden £22k
Almost £315k a week or £16.3m per year on all that deadwood

The wages equivalent to an Isak, Barnes and Botman combined

Last edited:
Associate
We should look a bit better in the Sumer we have a lot of out of contracy deadwood that’s going to save us and if we can move on the deadwood in Lewis, Hayden and Frazer the saving will be even bigger.

Out of Contract
Richie £45k
Manquillo £35k
Kraft £55k
Hendrick £40k
Dummett £35k

Deadwood
Lewis £38k
Frazer £41k
Hayden £22k
Almost £315k a week or £16.3m per year on all that deadwood

The wages equivalent to an Isak, Barnes and Botman combined
Kraft and Dummett might not be world beaters but at least I've never doubted their commitment

Associate
That’s what I said the other day, would be entertaining for about at year and then end in tears.
Let Howe get his squad back and back him in another window. He's earned the time. It was a culture shock for the club this season. The growth from the day he took over can't be continual and exponential.

Back
Top Bottom