• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Had major problem with the new beta's. No overclock worked! Back to the awesome WHQL drivers, all good.

So impressed with the 780Ti overclocked to 1200 and never goes over 62c (100% fan)!!!

Awesome card at 1600p. Everything ultra at 2AA in BF4.

Soldato
give DDU a run. fantastic program :)
This program/software is rather good kudos to the developer for it is free to use, i have had no issues with it and it saves the hassle of messing around in the windows registry looking for left over files. I think one of the recent updates to it automatically boots into safe mode.

Caporegime
This program/software is rather good kudos to the developer for it is free to use, i have had no issues with it and it saves the hassle of messing around in the windows registry looking for left over files. I think one of the recent updates to it automatically boots into safe mode.

Yer it does. I ran it for the first time (never felt the need before) and from massive BSOD's to no more errors. I should go and donate in truth for saving me pulling my hair out.

Soldato
The problem I posted a few pages back about my 780 not downclocking came back again. So I Googled and found a suggestion to go into Power Management in NV control panel and put it into Adaptive mode. So I did that and rebooted and it's downclocking again.

I'm asking if people can check their own and check what mode they have running. NV panel > 3D settings > Manage 3D settings > Global Settings > Power Management mode.

Associate
The problem I posted a few pages back about my 780 not downclocking came back again. So I Googled and found a suggestion to go into Power Management in NV control panel and put it into Adaptive mode. So I did that and rebooted and it's downclocking again.

I'm asking if people can check their own and check what mode they have running. NV panel > 3D settings > Manage 3D settings > Global Settings > Power Management mode.

It should be in adaptive mode?

Thats the point of it being adaptive.. RE it adapts the clocks to the situation you are running in i.e desktop or 3d...

setting it to anything else i would imagine runs at full clocks.

Soldato
It should be in adaptive mode?

Thats the point of it being adaptive.. RE it adapts the clocks to the situation you are running in i.e desktop or 3d...

setting it to anything else i would imagine runs at full clocks.

It's not a setting I changed in the first place though. If I did then when I would have known what the problem was.

Caporegime

Mine is set to adaptive and I have never touched that.

Man of Honour
It's not a setting I changed in the first place though. If I did then when I would have known what the problem was.

Whether you need adaptive mode to get it to downclock or not seems to depend on a number of factors including whether your running 120+Hz or 60Hz, how many monitors are connected and what programs you have running, sometimes even stuff in the background can be making function calls to the rendering API that hold the card in one of the 3D power modes.

Back
Top Bottom