The Offical Lian Li PC-A05 Owners Discussion/Modding Thread!

Associate
Hi all,
here is mine ;)

BEFORE :

with Top T-60FB

Watercooled :

XSPC RX240 + 2 Noctua P12 + T60-FB
Laing DDC-1 + Top XSPC
Koolance fittings 13mm + 2 x 45° adaptators
Enzotech Luna
Feser Black 13/19 Tube + Feser One Orange Liquid

- Watercooling removed :

Actually : no photos - (i'll take some pics when i'll receive H50)

- Lian Li PC-A05N Black (Top T60-FB) :
*2x Noctua NF-S12B FLX Front/Rear (I love them) + 2x Noctua NF-P12 Top*
- ASUS P5E X38 @ Maximus
- Intel Core Duo Q9400 @ 3.4ghz 1.3v
*Noctua NH-U12P Push-Pull*
- Corsair Dominator 4x2go DDR2 8500
- Powercolor ATI HD4890 1Go
- SSD Intel Postville 80go (soon)
- Seagate Momentus 320go 7200.4 2,5"

Accessories :
BS-06 installed (will be removed soon because no impact on gpu/cpu temps),
Incoming : Corsair H50 Watercooling kit

and that's all for the A05N :D (I felt in love with LL)
(just received an PC-A01B for my girlfriend rig)

Last edited:
Associate
Watercooling this little case...

I opened thread about it in different section but haven't received any answer, so gonna ask here:)

Where would you guys install this big rad. Don't worry, it will fit.
Question is where:

• on top of the case - with fans inside the case, pushing air throught the rad
  • under top panel - inside the case, with fans under rad, same, pushing air through it
  • bottom of the case - with fans under the case, sucking air from the case to outside, on the desk. Feet will be lifted of course...

One rad, three positions. Please help me out where it should be installed.
I need to go through it, what would be advantages of each position.
First of all, rad on top of the case - means that hot radiator will be outside, so will get rid of the heat that comes straight from the aluminium cover of the rad. Right? Fans would still pump the hot air from the case thou.
Top panel, but inside the case - huge space taken by this rad plus fans, hot rad inside the case. Of course I would install 120mm fans at the bottom of the case to suck cool air from the outside to blow through the case to top fans of the rad...
Third position - bottom fo the case - only thing fans blow downwards, so hot air from case going through the rad again... Plus some 120mm fans on top to pushing hot air out of the case through the roof case.

What do you guys think? Skip all the hardware installation issues and other stuff. Heat wise, think of mATX Asus Gene mobo with i7920@4GHz, one dual chip g card - like GTX295 or anything that comes out soon, like GT300 single, or dual chip in the future. Blocks - cpu, gpu and NB. Fans, 140mm Yate Loon or whatever comes in the future ( 2009/2010).

Soldato
Has anyone got an opinion on the BS03 (the 1x120mm cooler that fits the grill to the right of the PCI slots) vs the BS08, the 2x120mm cooler that fits into 2 PCI slots?

Are either of these an equivalent to a blow hole?

I'm all air cooled. Front and back intake, with a twin fanned TRUE cpu cooler.

Last edited:
Associate
Apologies if this is entirely inappropriate but...

I have some spare panels from My A05b/G50 hybrid project that i managed to completely ****** up and they are sat doing nothing.

I dont know exactly which i have available but if any of you are interested just drop me an email (In Trust) and tell me what you want and i will get back to you and let you know what i have and in what condition.

I know i dont have either of the front panels, but i do have 3 or 4 side panels, some internal parts and obviously the chassis' for both (these have been drilled and taken a bit of a beating (pics can be provided)

I dont want anything for them except postage costs, unless you want to pick them up, its just a real shame for them to be going unused, especially as its hard to get replacements especially if a cut goes wrong!

Associate
Thinking about downsizing my case from an Antec 1200. This looks like a great little case and the amount of cooling people have been able to fit in is astounding!

I would love to have a proper watercooling setup one day and it's great to see people having crammed in so much.

I see oc are stocking the A05NB, whats the difference between this and the original A05?

Last edited:
Associate
N is the later revision, the B is because it's the black version :)

I believed they changed some things to do with the hard drive cage?

Soldato
Sorry for bring this thread back from the dead, but has anyone got the new PC-A05FN? If so, is it possible to squeeze in a R9 290 GPU, 29cm in lengh with using all hdd bays?

Back
Top Bottom