Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Associate
I have a 4th gen Ipad Pro.. been resisting a few years since the upgrade has basically been pointless. But I have just ordered myself an M4 - 13" Ipad Pro in its base configuration with a new pencil!

Soldato
Ordered a base 11” Air for the wife in purple and it will be here before her birthday. :)

Anyone recommend a good case? She is quite clumsy generally. She won’t need a keyboard case, but one that allows you to prop it up will be good.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't see me ever buying another top of the line Ipad again. I have the M1 pro and before that the 2018 Pro. Even though my M1 pro is supposed to have better power consumption etc, my 2018 pro still kicks it's backside on most games I play and Youtube watching. It's just such massive overkill that I'm not interested in to run IOS. These have enough power now to just run MacOS and they are holding them back. I'd rather just buy an Air or lower.

I'd guess 99% of these are bought to surf the internet and social media while watching Netflix on the TV.

Caporegime
Ordered a base 11” Air for the wife in purple and it will be here before her birthday. :)

Anyone recommend a good case? She is quite clumsy generally. She won’t need a keyboard case, but one that allows you to prop it up will be good.

Spigen, good protection with magnets inside that turns the iPad screen off when the “lid” is on.

Caporegime
I don't see me ever buying another top of the line Ipad again. I have the M1 pro and before that the 2018 Pro. Even though my M1 pro is supposed to have better power consumption etc, my 2018 pro still kicks it's backside on most games I play and Youtube watching. It's just such massive overkill that I'm not interested in to run IOS. These have enough power now to just run MacOS and they are holding them back. I'd rather just buy an Air or lower.

I'd guess 99% of these are bought to surf the internet and social media while watching Netflix on the TV.

I bought the base model, 64G M1 Air when it first came out and even that is overkill for what I do on it. For most people these are consumption devices and those processing power is simply for required. They are great to take to go on holiday though with the massive battery life, inflight entertainment is sorted and if I need more space…I use a tiny 1TB SSD to carry some media.

I don’t even game on mine, just a pure Surfing/YouTube/Netflix machine. May be 1% photoshop.

Last edited:
Soldato
On a 2nd Gen 12.9” Pro (the first one w/Face ID) so was waiting for OLED to upgrade - hooray. Use this more than anything else at home so worth the money for me and I’ll probably be able to get a blue light discount on it.

Personally I love the keyboard folio case as it strikes a great balance between portable and decent to actually type on, so won’t be getting the Magic Keyboard as that’s always been the more ‘stationary’ option.

They’ve done me dirty - only a folio case, no keyboard one. Bah!

Associate
I'm like a crack addict trying to not have a fix and buy the new Pro. I don't have any use for it. I do not need it. I should not buy it. But I WANT it.
I am in the same boat. The 2018 ipad pro more than met my needs for what I wanted into a tablet, until I got the M1 and magic keyboard and then bought another magic keyboard for my 2018 pro.

I am not NGL I am pleasantly suprised about pricing. I thought it was gonna be 1499 which I would have probably passed on that pricing. However having to get a new magic keyboard and pencil is almost a deal breaker. It would have made so much sense to let it use the old peripherals. It really bugs me and and I am deeply upset at it. So much so I bought them in protest. Free magic keyboard V1.0!!!!!

I can't even draw for toffee and still ordered the pencil.

Soldato
I am in the same boat. The 2018 ipad pro more than met my needs for what I wanted into a tablet, until I got the M1 and magic keyboard and then bought another magic keyboard for my 2018 pro.

I am not NGL I am pleasantly suprised about pricing. I thought it was gonna be 1499 which I would have probably passed on that pricing. However having to get a new magic keyboard and pencil is almost a deal breaker. It would have made so much sense to let it use the old peripherals. It really bugs me and and I am deeply upset at it. So much so I bought them in protest. Free magic keyboard V1.0!!!!!

I can't even draw for toffee and still ordered the pencil.

The pricing is even better for me in terms of that as I have no interest in the new magic keyboard (despite how nice it looks) and I probably wouldn't get the new Pencil either.

Associate
The pricing is even better for me in terms of that as I have no interest in the new magic keyboard (despite how nice it looks) and I probably wouldn't get the new Pencil either.
I cancelled the pencil when I came to finally pay for it, I can't draw, I have the writing legibility of a 2 year old and I thought nah that silly ordering it. Now if I see one going cheap used, sure why not.

I have a feeling while I have ordered the New magic keyboard I bet the old one will work. Just like when they said it didn;t work with the M1's and then I and countless others found out it did.

Although my biggest pet peeve with the magic keybaords besides obviously the weight was there was no function/media keys.

I can't wait till next week It been almost 2 years since I last had an ipad pro and I have missed it loads.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ummmmm Do you mean PWM as in pulse width modulation for controlling fans or is this some secret Apple acronym?

PWM dimming has been reported to cause eye strain / headaches / migraines in some people, I know there are a few on here that can't use some devices due to this, can't remember if @MOOGLEYS is one of them. But if they are this would probably be a bit of a deal breaker.

Associate
PWM dimming has been reported to cause eye strain / headaches / migraines in some people, I know there are a few on here that can't use some devices due to this, can't remember if @MOOGLEYS is one of them. But if they are this would probably be a bit of a deal breaker.
Would this apply to the Oled Ipads? I am not sure it would. But having said that they never cared about it on their phones so it is unlikely if they do use it on Ipads oleds they wouldn't give a monkeys for people who suffer from this afflication on the ipads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom