Poll: *** The official 2024 MacBook Air 13" and 15" thread (it has the M3 chip, WiFi 6E and everything!) ***

Are you going to get an M3 MacBook Air?

• Yes - 13"

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Yes - 15"

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
Commissario
Some people have been waiting for this..

You can order now for delivery on Friday.

suxp1uv.png

Caporegime
Finally, dual external monitors for the M3 Air models. The only caveat is you have to use the laptop in clamshell mode, which is fine for me. If I have 2 large screens a 13 inch one adds very little.

rp2000

Soldato
Huh, the 13.6" model is £1500 for 16GB memory and 512GB storage yet the 15" is £200 more.. Apple...

The 15" with that spec is getting very close to what I paid for my 14" Pro with M3 Pro chip. Maybe if you absolutely need the bigger screen?

The inclusion of running a second screen with the laptop closed is interesting as in theory that should be possible on the M1 and M2 as well - limit of two screens, one being the laptops screen. What is also odd is that the M3 MacBook Pro also has the one external screen limit despite the same M3 chip.. Maybe something else going one but from the outside all a bit odd.

Saying all that it does make the M2 Air cheaper which is perfect as my wife has been eyeing one up for a while. :)

Soldato
@oweneades - they’re changing that about the Pros.

Well that at least makes sense although would be helpful for Apple to actually confirm it directly rather than through a seperate source.

Maybe they will sneak in a similar update as a "surprise" to at least M2 models as well.... I doubt it of course...

Associate
Ordered a Midnight base model yesterday via a friend who works at Apple so got a bit of discount, due to be delivered between the 21st - 25th March as I chose the 35w Dual Adapter. Very excited, coming from an 2020 Intel Air it should be a great upgrade.

Associate
Pricing what at a spec with 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD is too close to the base m3 Macbook pro with 16GB of RAM which has the more useful ports and superior screen for what then is a reasonable value proposition at £300 (relatively of course). Its a shame Apple still price RAM and SSD upgrades as they do.

Think that's their entire model though. You start on one ladder and by the time you add in what you think you "need" your are so close to the next level that before you know it......

Seems to work to be fair, I think more people do that than are put off buying altogether.

Associate
I still think that for the average person on the street the base model of this is absolutely outstanding. I bought a base M2 and it does everything I could want it to do and has everything other than the dual monitor issue. They are fantastic machines IMO.

Once you start getting into more advanced usage then there are decisions to be made, and that applies for people who frequent computer forums I suppose!!!

Soldato
One major benefit from the M3 Air being launched. Nice price drop on the M2 Air to £900 so my wife, who has been eying up an Air for a while now, is very happy with the saving. :)

Back
Top Bottom