Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 9 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Are you getting an Apple Watch series 9 and or Ultra 2?

• Total voters
Soldato

Anyone getting one? If so then what variant?
I’ve just put in an order for an Ultra 2 with a trail loop.

Soldato
Still on a 4 which is going strong. Think I’ll wait for the 10, nothing stood out for me today and the Ultra is a bit too big and expensive.

Associate
Seeing the replies we have definitely reached the point where even if it’s struggling a little bit or just doing the job people won’t upgrade for the sake of it.

I’ve just clocked that the refurb for the 45mm S8 has gone down to £320 which is a great deal as well.

Soldato
Was hoping for a new colour Ultra 2 with the new chip and even better battery life.

Will probably end up picking one up, still like the watch but would have preferred different colourways.

My current fitbit is at deathsdoor with a nice crack that keeps getting bigger.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seeing the replies we have definitely reached the point where even if it’s struggling a little bit or just doing the job people won’t upgrade for the sake of it.

I’ve just clocked that the refurb for the 45mm S8 has gone down to £320 which is a great deal as well.

Might jump on that (although I don’t want a white sport loop - suppose I can sell it!) as it’s hard to justify paying the extra for the 9 given what little an upgrade it is.

Associate
Better battery life and this would get my vote...
WatchX will probably be my next natural upgrade..
Some post mentioned that the X would be a redesign too, so it definitely feels like a waste to get the 9 given not much has changed.

Soldato
I’m still on a 2 series which I bought when it came out originally. No real reason to upgrade apart from the usual case of upgradeitis. I get it every year about now but I’ve not succumbed yet

Associate
I’m still on a 2 series which I bought when it came out originally. No real reason to upgrade apart from the usual case of upgradeitis. I get it every year about now but I’ve not succumbed yet
I’d say if you are on a Series 2, moving up to a S9 would be a substantial upgrade in every sense. But like I said earlier we’re at this point in time people at this point are just happy to shrug and say “it works” and keep their device.

Great for the consumer and also a blessing and a curse for Apple for sure.

Soldato
I'm on 6 and other than the battery only just lasting a night/day now (used to have a bit more leeway at the end of a day) I can't see any good reason to upgrade.

If the Ultra 1 drops in price significantly I'd consider it though.

Back
Top Bottom