*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Soldato
Does anyone have any suggestions for physics/universe style documentaries.
I can't watch the Karl Sagan ones, they're just to old and have watched all of, The Universe, The Known Universe, Wonders of the Universe, Physics of the Impossible, Horizon.
I like slightly dumb down shows with good cgi to fall asleep too.

Soldato
I can't watch the Karl Sagan ones, they're just to old and have watched all of, The Universe, The Known Universe, Wonders of the Universe, Physics of the Impossible, Horizon.

You can get them digitally remastered now. If astronomy has taught you anything it should be that nothing is too old.

Soldato

The Carl Sagan ones are the best :/ Anyhow there's plenty on here:
http://www.cosmolearning.com/astronomy/documentaries/
If some of them don't work search youtube for the title and you should find them.

Permabanned
Need to get off my backside and get a telescope I think, these threads have ignited my interest and although im absolutely clueless, id actually like to learn and enjoy it.

So, with that in mind can someone recommend me a begineers book and begineers scope, I mean a decent one though but not to hard to use... just a plug and play, but able to see all the planets and the stars etc

Man of Honour
Shooting star, NASA astronaut Ron Garan took this photograph during the Perseid meteor shower on August 13, 2011, from the International Space Station:

3729910571024.jpg

Echoes of the Perseid meteors as they passed over the US Air Force Space Surveillance Radar monitoring facility in Texas:

Man of Honour
For the first time the STEREO (Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory) spacecraft and scientists have succeeded in continuously tracking space weather events from the Sun to the Earth, 93 million miles away:

Back
Top Bottom