**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Developer access is gained through tapping the miui version window in detailed info and specs section, about 6 times. Careful though, as screen dpi can send things a bit 'screwy' if you got wild with the numbers.

Gotta say, I googled the camera rattle when I got my 13 ultra, having 4x 50MP cameras all with OIS, the thing sounds like a babies rattle! :D
Does the ultrawide have OIS?

Associate
Anyone else using the Nubia Z60 Ultra? In the end I took a bite in the Aliexpress Anniversary sale and got one for £430 (12GB/256GB) and I genuinely can't believe how good this phone is. Almost-stock android, banking and android auto work, and the camera is really decent. I think the only thing which might put people off is the very much classic Thinkpad aesthetic the phone has; it's pretty ugly.

Maybe it's a bit of a shame but I don't even really see people discussing this phone very much.

Caporegime
Using my new Xiaomi 14 Ultra... It's OK but the default text size on most apps is too small for my eyes compared to the POCO F3 which I've just come from and the Mi8 Lite before that. Increasing the font size is fine but some apps then have difficulty adjusting and end up hiding the bottom half of title words etc.

Also the camera rattle is annoying somewhat.

Have you had any issues with the lens fogging up?

Associate
Which phone to replace my POCO X3 NFC as battery no longer lasting a day?

I have generally bought mid range phones £200-£350, but can go up a bit if worthwhile.

I game a bit but nothing intensive and X3 never been an issue for this.
I have never had a great camera but I think this is now a priority as I use a lot with kids.
Main use is watching you tube inc outside so decent bright amoled screen
I like Xiaomi, last 3 phones, but not a must.
I use Nova but again not a must.

This type of thread was really common last time I looked but I cant see any from this year. I did see someone liked the X6 Pro but a quick google indicated camera wasn't great and I probably don't need the speed.

Any suggestions please?

Associate
Pixel 7 for the camera is a good choice but battery life crap. My wife has to charge it all the time.
Poco F5 Pro is on offer for £9 more than your budget and the camera should be an improvement. Check out gsm arena and do a comparison of your current phone, they do a size up and a photo comparison. Just make sure the main camera has OIS. My OP9 does not and getting a picture of my kids that's not a blur is like winning the lottery.

Soldato
I'm sending the X6 Pro that I got for my mother back. They've butchered the notification settings and the camera is too naff. Plus no AOD? Just why.

Managed to grab a new Pixel 7 for £280.

Use the voucher

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
I'm sending the X6 Pro that I got for my mother back. They've butchered the notification settings and the camera is too naff. Plus no AOD? Just why.

Managed to grab a new Pixel 7 for £280.

Use the voucher

Nice find. The Mrs was looking at one on contract and this may work on cheaper so will mention it.

Back
Top Bottom