*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Oh also the items in this game are an embarrassment, just went through playing Titan Quest + expansion with my girlfriend. She was grinding one of the later difficulty's for scrolls/formulas and some set items.

I told her to get excited as Diablo 3 is nearly here. I cannot believe how fricking boring the items are in D3. There is nothing special about them. Random magic items are better than legendary or rare items (WTF?)

Playing Titan Quest there were some really cool formulas that gave special attacks. For example releasing a tsunami wave attack. What does D3 give us? :|

Soldato
How do you guys get so much DPS?

I'm currently a level 54 Barb, 42k HP 4K DPS.

Does most of your DPS just come from weapons that have massage damage or do you guys str stack?

Soldato
How do you guys get so much DPS?

I'm currently a level 54 Barb, 42k HP 4K DPS.

Does most of your DPS just come from weapons that have massage damage or do you guys str stack?

Bit of both, but mostly the weapon.

Going from a 192 DPS to a 301 DPS weapon bumped my over-all char-sheet DPS by over 2k.

Soldato
Loving playing as a Barb, so much fun just hitting the **** out of stuff. Do find it annoying how a lot of the enemies just tend to run from me. Means I can hardly apply my damage at times until I can Leap on top of them again :(
Got some +11% movement speed boots now so it seems a bit easier atleast! Housemate is playing Wizard and it looks so easy for him in relation. Deals near enough the same damage as me, whilst at range - away from all the enemies that explode -.-

Soldato
Question for Barbarians - 1 handed weapon + shield vs 2 handed weapon?

I'm currently using a 2 handed Axe - purely because it looks better. But I can do as much damage with a single 1 handed weapon and that's before I even apply a shield which could then have further buffs to strength and such and provide a load of armour?

Is there any reason to use 2 handed weapons beyond the awesome looks? :p

Associate
I love my WD - melting large groups of mobs with Acid Cloud after Harvesting 5 souls is very satisfying and never gets old!

I havent played any other classes yet though.

Associate
The items on the AH HAVE dropped from the game, it's not like people are creating these items out of thin air.

Welcome to the Diablo item hunt, it takes time and a lot of farming to get decent items.

Man of Honour
I buy a lot of gear from the AH, throughout all 50 hours of game play I don't think I've equipped more than 3 items I've found. They've all been useless.

Ah, I guess that'll be why then.

I've not really invested too much into the AH. Just a couple of cheap items here and there.

I find myself leveling too quickly for it to be worth spending a lot of gold on items.

Once I hit 60 I'll probably spend a lot of gold. I'm even gonna dabble in the RMAH. It'll be my vice :p

Soldato
Does anyone know a rough length for the campaign? Still trying to justify the £45 price :p. I finished the starter edition in about 2 hours, which I hear is Act 1 of 4? I have no real interest in replaying as other classes/difficulties I'm just not that type of player.

Associate
Does anyone know a rough length for the campaign? Still trying to justify the £45 price :p. I finished the starter edition in about 2 hours, which I hear is Act 1 of 4? I have no real interest in replaying as other classes/difficulties I'm just not that type of player.

Then any Diablo game probably isn't for you.

The point of the game is to complete the first 3 difficulties, then item grind (or buy on AH) and gear up to be able to clear (clear not boss rush) inferno difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom