*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Cydaea is proving to be a lot more annoying than I thought she would be. Can't be too reckless near her as that scatter shot attack is very unpredictable and those stupid spiderlings hit me for 60k, almost twice as much as Blood Clan Impalers hit me for!

Wouldn't be too bad but sometimes when she retreats when off screen you suddenly get a spawning pool next to you and get hit instantly.

Soldato
how do you compare single handed weapons stats against 2 hand weapons?

If I had a 2 handed bow with 600dps, is it that same as have 2 300 dps single handed bows? I want to know how I can compare drops to see if they are worth keeping and would be an upgrade with an additional single handed crossbow.

No, for bows it's especially weird, there's essentially no difference between dual wielding and using a single bow...

Associate
I'm not looking forward to the RMAH - simple fact is it will kill some of the fun for me, if i can't buy items for coins then i'll be stuck as i'm hopelessly unlucky for drops not had a single one that i could benefit from...

^ This

I've been addicted to a fair few computer games over the years, but none to the extent where I thought it was a good idea to spend real money in order to progress within the game. This may well kill Diablo 3 for me, especially if (as looks likely) you'll have to stump up real dosh to stand a hope in hell at Inferno, whether nerfed or not.

The only saving grace at the moment, as someone has already pointed out, is that Blizz can't get the GAH working properly, so it would be an act of madness to launch the RMAH while that situation persists. There are regularly posts on the D3 forums threatening Blizz with legal action because people can't login and play just when they want to - I can only imagine the level of hatred and threats that would be going their way if someone spends real money and doesn't get the item they bought ...

Caporegime
Like someone else said, if you imagine it as a pound per hour entertainment value it's worth a lot more than 60 quid. You can put in unlimited hours into this game and still get enjoyment.

That way of thinking is flawed, imo.

Over the years I've pumped hundreds of hours into games like XCom, the Settlers, etc.

Would I have bought them at £50 a pop each? Hells, no.

XCom cost me £12.99 on release mail order ;)

There are plenty of *free* games that I've sunk hundreds of hours of spare time into as well... EVNova, Dwarf Fortress, etc, etc.

Bliz is really taking the mick with D3 pricing. It's possibly the most expensive game I've ever seen. I've never even paid that much for a console game.

Soldato
I almost impulse bought this game but never having played D1 or D2 before i'm not sure how much i'll really enjoy it.

Is there a demo or anything available, would love to have a go at this, I have a whole weekend with nothing to do.

Soldato
I almost impulse bought this game but never having played D1 or D2 before i'm not sure how much i'll really enjoy it.

Is there a demo or anything available, would love to have a go at this, I have a whole weekend with nothing to do.

If you can manage to get a guest pass (there is a thread for asking/offering them) then that will allow you to play up to the skeleton king in act 1/level 13.

Soldato
If you can manage to get a guest pass (there is a thread for asking/offering them) then that will allow you to play up to the skeleton king in act 1/level 13.

Cheers, wasn't aware of the other thread, i've generally ignored any Diablo 3 threads over the last few weeks. Not being a game snob or anything, just figured it wasn't something that would appeal to me.

However after reading through this thread this morning, it's got my interest.

Associate
I agree with the pricing, I was fortunate enough to get it at 28 thanks to a longstanding pre-order, I would not buy it at the price it currently is.

blizzard also did the same with starcraft 2, last time I checked it still over 35 quid. every game I have ever seen has come down in price at some point apart from that one.

Soldato
Bliz is really taking the mick with D3 pricing. It's possibly the most expensive game I've ever seen. I've never even paid that much for a console game.

You know that retailers are free to charge what they want, the same with any game. Blizzard just set the RRP. Which is similar to most AAA titles.

It's supply and demand, and after such a successful release, there's low supply and high demand. If you'd got onboard before release when there wasn't demand you could get it for £23 rather than the oppourtunist pricing the shops are using now.

Their online price isn't any different to what EA were charging for BF3 and SW:TOR, difference is, it's worth the money easily.

Soldato
^ This

I've been addicted to a fair few computer games over the years, but none to the extent where I thought it was a good idea to spend real money in order to progress within the game. This may well kill Diablo 3 for me, especially if (as looks likely) you'll have to stump up real dosh to stand a hope in hell at Inferno, whether nerfed or not.

The only saving grace at the moment, as someone has already pointed out, is that Blizz can't get the GAH working properly, so it would be an act of madness to launch the RMAH while that situation persists. There are regularly posts on the D3 forums threatening Blizz with legal action because people can't login and play just when they want to - I can only imagine the level of hatred and threats that would be going their way if someone spends real money and doesn't get the item they bought ...

People are getting so paranoid about the RMAH...

Sure you might see some people trying to put low value gear on the RMAH at the start that would be good for inferno but I can't see many people being willing to pay for it. The only things that will definitely end up on the RMAH are the absolute top tier items that cost so much money in gold that 99% of players would never be able to afford them anyway. You know, the 1500 dps weapons with 300 primary/vit and the almost perfect stat legendaries.

Associate

I impulse bought D3 on launch day for £38 because a bunch of mates were getting it. I played Titan Quest with them (the only other similar game I've played), though didn't find it particularly entertaining. And despite never having played D1 or D2, I'm thoroughly enjoying D3 (I've clocked well over 100 hours on it and have two level 60 characters and a third character I'm currently plaything through as).

Soldato
Associate
I'm up just past the Skeleton King on Inferno but haven't bought any gear yet. I have 450k but don't really know exactly what i'm after as a Wizard and don't want to overspend if possible.

Can someone give me some quick tips, or even better, offer me something to buy off you for a decent price?

Soldato
Ah you should had a look on Reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tjghz/have_guest_passes_to_give_away_need_a_guest_pass/

Oh well, I hope you enjoy the game as it's definitely worth the money.

I have never used reddit.

Or Overclockers. :o

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18403112

Edit: Nm, just seen he did post. I'd have waited for more than an hour though. :p

I'm impatient, have sat here for 2 hours this morning wasting the day, in my eyes that's 2 hours of wasted gaming.

What's £1.59 anyway, worth it to find out if the game is to my taste :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom