*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Reward tiers are a bit basic and quite expensive for very little. I expected better rewards spread through the tiers like a copy of the original at one tier level, 2 elite games at another and all past elite games at another level etc. Posters, maps, sound tracks, tshirts and all sorts.

Great that its gona be made tho, bout time too. But as it is i dont think i will pledge as £20 is a bit expensive for a digital copy when i have pledged £21 i think for star citizen and got beta access.

Soldato
OP
Reward tiers are a bit basic and quite expensive for very little. I expected better rewards spread through the tiers like a copy of the original at one tier level, 2 elite games at another and all past elite games at another level etc. Posters, maps, sound tracks, tshirts and all sorts.

Great that its gona be made tho, bout time too. But as it is i dont think i will pledge as £20 is a bit expensive for a digital copy when i have pledged £21 i think for star citizen and got beta access.

Really? Even in terms of if you were to buy a new game off Steam it's still pretty damn cheap in my books.

Soldato
Not really not when i buy games. My average buying price would be 5-15 quid. Very rarely is there a game worth buying at over £20.

Most kickstarter projects offer a digital copy for 15 dollars which is what about 12 quid or somit? I think £15 for a digital copy is reasonable but not 20 or 30 quid. Maybe for after kickstarter prices but not for early pledges.

I really hope to see the tiers changed a lot as there rubbish.

Soon as i see a decent tier come i will pledge and too right cos i loved elite 2 frontier i spent a good solid year playing that non stop on my amiga, think i still have it boxed with manual and map in my cupboard. ;)

Also i hope we get more details as to how he plans it to be and maybe a vid of wip that was seen on bbc report but in a proper vid for potential backers so we can see it clearly to see if its worth our time. As much as id love to just not think and pledge i am wary of anything elite due to the countless times elite 4 tried to come and failed.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough. I understand the pessimism. I've been on the Frontier forums gunning for this for many years also but we asked them over and over and suggested that they use kickstarter and they've done it. I'm not going to be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Soldato
Getting close to 20 odd years, the only kickstart db deserves is a size nine up his rear tbh.

Elite, the genre, frontier gave me everything i ever dreamed of... but brabens been talking/teasing for too many years.

Course i should be happy, over the moon... but boy it's a struggle.

Maybe i should have nailed a coffee before posting, blehh:)

Soldato
I've wanted this for so long but I have two issues here:

1) I've heard what happens at Frontier Developments and it does not inspire confidence.

2) That is hardly the most convincing Kickstarter campaign. It's a little thin on the ground and they keep mentioning procedural techniques that they have been developing over the years but then show none of them.

What the hell it's Elite I'll sign up anyway :D

Associate
I'll pledge but I have two concerns at the moment.

1) He mentions wanting a return to the original "Elite" flying. I think this would be a mistake, I'd much prefer physics based, though stop the jousting type of combat that happened in Frontier and head more towards the Independence War games style of combat.

2) Sounds like you get only one ship. I loved saving up to buy a different ship in the Frontier games.

Associate
For a £1,250,000 goal that's a pretty dire kickstarter page, hopefully as it was just launched yesterday. Really needs team interview videos, concept basically a hell a lot more than whats there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom