********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Caporegime
...taken from here GTAV an intresting read and a lot more than i got from the trailer.

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting take on the trailer. Was Bigfoot actually in San Andreas? I had the Playstation 2 version which I played the death out of but I never found him. The only places I've seen him are in the woods in a modded PC version which is cheating. :(

Lol, why are you so hung up on seatbelts? Are you a crash test dummy? :p

When I read his comment that's what I thought also, seat belts aren't going to happen, there's no way they can be practically implemented, unless this is just a subtle joke at the frequency of smashing through the windscreen in GTA IV. :D

Soldato
Thanks for the link, it was an interesting take on the trailer. Was Bigfoot actually in San Andreas? I had the Playstation 2 version which I played the death out of but I never found him. The only places I've seen him are in the woods in a modded PC version which is cheating. :(

i can't recall seeing him either. :p

another one GTAV

these guys will be all over any trailer/info so keep an eye out.

Soldato

When I read his comment that's what I thought also, seat belts aren't going to happen, there's no way they can be practically implemented, unless this is just a subtle joke at the frequency of smashing through the windscreen in GTA IV. :D

is the problem

Soldato
Just don't crash, it's not difficult.

I wanna MTB off the mountain top, jump off the bike in mid air and deploy my parachute. :D

don't crash in a GTA game noooo I forgot GTA is a life simulator/ Extreme sarcasm

It's all related to realism or their attempt at it. All the fun of the old GTAs has been severely reduced because you cant do stuff any more. The driving; you used to be able to fling the cars around at almost max speed - it was really fun. Now they are forcing you to drive slow at corners or you skid off. When you roll out of a car, you take tons of damage - it used to be much less. The driving isn't even realistic, ask anyone who drives. Someone on a forum joked that their Vauxhall Corsa can take corners faster than any car in GTA 4, and he's right.

You can't do crazy stuff any more and survive. The windscreen thing, flying out of it, that's just so lame. If you have a head on crash, you want to continue, because you've already been slowed down, not go flying for miles, lose tonnes of health and have to run back to the car.

It's not just me. A guy on a forum summed it up pretty well:

"I can drive in GTA, I can outrun 4 star wanted level w/o breaking a sweat (or crashing for that matter), but that doesn't change the fact, that I find the - so called realistic- driving boring. If I wanted realistic, I would set up a racing wheel and knock around with Forza, Sega rally et al. I miss the arcadey controls of previous iterations."

quoted for truth

Soldato
You seem to not be understanding that GTA4 wasn't a crazy arcade game. Who are you to say what game they should make?

yep you win all GTA games should be serious and realistic because thats what Grand theft auto is all about. It can work with other games like battle field except opposite by including clowns, zombies and dinosaurs image the fun. /EXTREME SARCASM

IF 5 plays like 4 to me GTA is DEAD

oh well back to vice city (you know a Great game unlike 4)

Caporegime
Interesting how 4 has higher average reviews than Vice City then.

For the record I love both games, because I'm pretty open minded and won't just slate a dev for trying something different :)

Caporegime
yep you win all GTA games should be serious and realistic because thats what Grand theft auto is all about. It can work with other games like battle field except opposite by including clowns, zombies and dinosaurs image the fun. /EXTREME SARCASM

IF 5 plays like 4 to me GTA is DEAD

oh well back to vice city (you know a Great game unlike 4)

Grand Theft Auto is all about style and the sense of humour.

I don't mean to nit pick, but you're arse must be getting jealous at the amount of **** coming out of your mouth.

GTA's art style was carried on in IV, and the sense of humour was too. The more realistic driving wasn't really that realistic any way was it, it was still very arcadey it just required an ounce of skill.

Imho, each GTA game has pretty much gotten better, You compare III to SA you see an almost nautral progression in terms of game play and idea's, I'm 100% sure that's what we will see with this.

Back
Top Bottom