*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Soldato
I got:
10/05/16 - 21.20 - Order Generated
11/05/16 - 22.03 - Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
12/05/16 - 01.41 - Processed at Depot
12/05/16 - 05.38 - Manifested to Courier

Thats all. In fact, 2 hours later it still doesnt show on Hermes as being delivered!

Phones lovely though! I'm still annoyed about the way it has all been ordere / delivered but im glad its here now!

Ok so hopefully I get mine tomorrow then. Why dont everyone just use DPD lol

Or firms just learn from them. DPD are excellent

Soldato
I was SO close to buying this on contract today with EE. Although I told them no it's still up in the air. They offered me unlimited minutes and texts and 5Gb of data for £43.50 and a free handset, oh and it's double 4G too so up to 60MB/s.

The phone is definitely great and worthy of moving to from a One M7 spec wise and looks wise. The M8 and 9 didn't look sexy enough and had a bulgy read camera, I want a smooth flat back like on my M7.

HTC 10 ticks all these boxes but wwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy did they remove the front facing speakers. It's the sole reason I didn't buy this phone today because in my mental(probably) head HTC is going to realize what a mistake it was to remove them and HTC 11 will be a slightly upgraded 10 and have front facing speakers again, and I could possibly be 1 year into a 2 year contract.

Should I let the speaker issue bother me so much? is the sound good enough without.

Here is a good break down of the M7 through to 10 - http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m7-htc-10-specs-showdown

Man of Honour
Really? Most of the dozen plus reviews I have seems regard the speakers a step back from front facing dual stereo. Not surprising really.

It absolutely is a step backwards from the front facing speakers. I almost never used the speakers on my M7 but when I did it was always apparent how absolutely excellent they sounded compared to conventional phones.

I think the speakers on the 10 are still amongst the best, if not the best, speakers on any current phone, but they are unquestionably inferior to those on the M7.

Soldato
Can anybody comment on the headphone quality and the plugged into head phones sound quality?
I was very impressed with the m8 headphones so these look like a step up.. Most of the reviews talk at length about the loudspeaker and barely mention the headphones?

Thanks

Soldato
Can anybody comment on the headphone quality and the plugged into head phones sound quality?
I was very impressed with the m8 headphones so these look like a step up.. Most of the reviews talk at length about the loudspeaker and barely mention the headphones?

Thanks

Most of the reviews I've read comment on the headphone output quite extensively and always seem to rate it quite highly.

I imagine with the 24bit DAC it'll be a good step up.

Soldato

I purchased the 10 solely for the headphone audio and I'm not disappointed. I came from a Samsung S6 running viper4android and that was already very good.

Using it with the Shure 535 and it provides a very clear and wide sound stage with excellent separation. I quickly tested the bundle headphones and they are good, they have a punchy sound signature.

Like the reviews says, its the best audio I've ever heard from a mobile phone.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So frustrated with Vodafone I decided to call Carphone Warehouse and they gave me the phone free of charge as an upgrade and waived the handset cost of a couple of hundred quid, they also gave me unlimited calls, texts and 6gb data for £40 a month. Probably not the best deal I could have got but also not bad really.

On the plus side I keep the carrier I want and don't have to mess around with the other lines on my Vodafone account.

Edit: forgot to mention that they will be delivering via DPD tomorrow :)

Soldato
Choose one of these as an upgrade and as much as want to like the device, being a bit of a HTC fan and all, it's actually bit of a disappointment. Screen seems pretty poor, camera is a bit average and the main feature for me, the audio, isn't exactly bowling me over.

For the price there's probably better options out there.

Soldato
Earth[Tera].bin;29508121 said:
it's actually bit of a disappointment. Screen seems pretty poor, camera is a bit average and the main feature for me, the audio, isn't exactly bowling me over.

For the price there's probably better options out there.

Interesting, for me its the best phone I've had for awhile. Its everything the Nexus 6P should have been. Perfect size, excellent build and fantastic headphone audio performance.

The software is almost like stock Android. I'm rooted, Rom flashed and Xposed installed... heaven. Just waiting on HTC to release the kernel source before the very fun begins.

The screen doesn't pop like my Samsung S6 edge and does have a very slight pink hue. But these are only very minor issue on what is a very competent display.

Camera does seem a few steps down from the Samsung S6. Each time I take a photo there is a slight delay and a notification pops up saying "processing" which is a bit annoying. But being someone who rarely use the camera I live with this.

This is the best phone on the market right now imo.

Associate
No issues with the screen for me.
Build great
Size felt a little too big first few days but used too it.
Camera not really a big photo taker but a good camera is what I wanted, not really used it yet so verdict still out on that.
Battery life verdict is pending, not really put it through its paces properly yet mixed bag atm I'd say, but I'm not sure about that "2 Day battery".
Speakers in all honesty I expected more at least in terms of volume, they're not bad though.
Not tried the earphones yet, so cant comment on that front.

Not seen that processing notifcation - Are you saving your photos to SD card or something?

Definitely best phone I've had thus far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom