The Official My Console Died What Should I Do Thread?

Soldato
Phoned MS today regarding my console. Couldn't really understand the guy that well on the phone but their gonna send me a label apparantly. Will this also come with instructions on what to do next? Do I have to arrange a pickup with UPS or what?

He said to put it in a box as well, I thought they supplied them?

Might have it back in time for GTA 4, might not :(

Soldato
mine died last week, so i used the online form to save me speaking to one of them :p
printed the label off, slung the xbox into the box it came in, arranged pickup by UPS and it was picked up same day

and you should get it back before GTA IV is released

Associate
Phoned MS today regarding my console. Couldn't really understand the guy that well on the phone but their gonna send me a label apparantly. Will this also come with instructions on what to do next? Do I have to arrange a pickup with UPS or what?

He said to put it in a box as well, I thought they supplied them?

Might have it back in time for GTA 4, might not :(

The label thing is rubbish. After I phoned up the next day UPS came and collected it, they do that automatically. You need to put it in a box for them, but don't use your 360 box as then it's obvious what it is.

Soldato
Well UPS just came and must have waited around 5 seconds for me to answer the door before disapearing lol. They left (what I assume is) a label, I guess they would have taken my 360 now :confused:

Should I just ring them and organise a pickup now or what?

EDIT - Collecting it Wednesday, once I got past the oh-so annoying automated system which wouldn't recognise the phone number I kept saying, it was nice to actually speak to an English person on a helpdesk for once :eek: :D

Last edited:
Soldato
My 360 I have had since '05 died yesterday.

I have signed up online and requested a repair. It says that MS will send me a box. Is this true? I thought they sent you a label and you had to find your own box to put it in??

Soldato
Sent my 360 off Thursday 6th March with 3 red rings. Got it back Wednesday 19th with a new motherboard and DVD drive. So 13 days turnaround, which is alright, just a shame for 6 of those days it was sat in Teleplan's warehouse waiting to be picked up by UPS.

Does seem much quieter now too.

That's reassuring, as it was away for three weeks last time.

That said, if it's not back by the time my copy of GTA4 arrives, I'll be going out and buying a new one! :D

Soldato
Arrived today. Apparantly they've replaced the motherboard, disk drive, power supply and controller ports. Also got a free month of Live.

May as well have given me a new console :p

Soldato
Arrived today. Apparantly they've replaced the motherboard, disk drive, power supply and controller ports. Also got a free month of Live.

May as well have given me a new console :p

Blimey, that sounds like more work than just giving you a new one :p

They only replaced the motherboard on mine. I got a disc unreadable error last night :(

I hope that was a one off!!

Soldato
Ok well further to my thread HERE I'm sure I've narrowed the problem down to my PS3's optical port so what do I do to get this sorted?

Ta gents ;)

Depends on the age if its in warranty, theres a contact number for Sony in the FAQ's, use the local number rather than the 08 number as it will be cheaper. If oyu have only just got it take it back to the shop you got it from.

Associate
SUPER-gutted. Happily playing along on GTA IV and a crash occurs. Reboot console, get unplayable disc error. All other games = unplayable disc. What've I got to do now? I take it because it isnt giving me a red ring of death, then i'm not entitled to the extended warranty.

Console bought Xmas '06, out of warranty. What to do guys?

Back
Top Bottom