**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^

Let me just say that your Galaxy Unpacked 2015 event on Thursday, August 13th in NYC was a huge hit

keypeele_moustache-chewing-gum-sarcnod.gif

Didn't think Sammobile would stoop that low.

Associate
I'm considering ordering the S6 Edge plus, was waiting for the Note 5 but I really don't want to keep using my iphone 5 until Samsung decide to release the Note 5 over here.

I would be buying it outright and going for either the £20 or £25 rolling SIM with unlimited data from Three.
I've read the review on phonearena and can't see any issues from that, the cons they list seem like they had to force themselves to list some.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-edge-Review_id4060

One of my concerns is availability of a decent screen protector and case because of the edge feature. Any ideas how soon these would be available?

I think I would prefer the Note 5 but obviously that isn't an option.

Soldato
I don't really use the S Pen at all on my Note 2 so in theory I should be quite happy with the S6 Edge +, yet I find myself not interested in it at all. Perhaps it's because the curved screen doesn't excite me. It doesn't look like we'll be seeing an official Note 5 release this year does it? This annoys me and has lowered my appreciation of the Samsung brand. They are trying to manipulate me into buying one of their edge products by withholding the product I DO want.

I'm already finding myself tempted by carphone warehouse's price on the 128gb iphone 6 plus. I've always shied away from Apple's overpriced and underspecced products, but Samsung are pitching theirs at the same level. At least with Apple you get better software support amd much better resale price. Admittedly Samsung's stuff is generally easy to pick up big reductions mid way through its product cycle, but the s6 edge prices have held up really well, even though the s6 can be picked up for peanuts.

Bah, stupid Samsung.

Soldato
This would be a nice alternative if it had a better SoC. Massive battery, sd slot, oled, fingerprint sensor...sexy design.

p55b2DB.jpg

Computing power on the Oppo R7 Plus comes courtesy of a Qualcomm 615 chipset with a 64-bit octa-core processor and 3GB RAM. Memory is set at 32GB, twice that of the R7 and a microSD slot is also available.

Another key difference between the pair is the display size. The R7 plus swaps the 5.0-inch AMOLED display for a spacious 6.0-inch one, while preserving the impressive AMOLED technology and the FullHD resolution. Naturally, the device is also bigger and heavier, although not a lot. It measures 158 x 82 x 7.75mm and tips the scales at 203g.

Both the R7 and R7 Plus come with a 13MP main camera behind an f/2.2 lens. Phase detection autofocus and a single-LED flash complete the picture on the R7, while the R7 Plus adds laser autofocus and a dual-LED flash. Additionally, the sensor inside the R7 Plus is of the RGBW variety, and the company claims 78% less noise and 32% better light gathering capability compared to conventional designs.

Last, but not least, least, the Plus model also has a whopping 4,100 mAh battery, backed up by Oppo's patented VOOC fast charging technology and a fingerprint reader on the back. Now that is an impressive package.

Soldato
I love the look of that phone. I hope by the time next September when my contract runs out there are some other really high end enthusiast phones. Iv been using the notes since the note 2 but the things they have changed (downgraded) with the note 5 have put me off the note series now so hopefully the Note 6 is back to form or ill look elsewhere. Its too much like the S series now.

Back
Top Bottom