**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
I really hope Samsung get stung quite badly this year for their choice of undersized batteries.

It'll put a fair few of the enthusiasts off (especially coupled with the lack of microSD card), but I doubt it'll have a huge effect on the general sales.

But then again, Samsung are unhappy with the sales of the S6 and have dropped the price to counter, so maybe people are starting to go off them.

Personally I'm leaning towards the next Nexus or even the iPhone6S+ for my next phone. The Note has lost its selling points for me, so there's no reason that I'd consider it over other devices.

Soldato
Unless Samsung pull something very surprising out of the hat with the note 5 which proves a lot of these leaks to be wrong then I'm out too.
My note 3 has served me well but Samsung seem to have lost the plot and are prioritising aesthetics over everything else... may aswell buy an iPhone!
Moto X style or one of the new Nexus for me this year.

Caporegime
I know specs aren't 100% official but struggling to see how they are going to make a fanfare out of this, in light of how little it's changed since the Note 4/S6. 4GB of RAM and possibly a spring loaded styles are the only major stats that differentiates it.

Soldato
I don't get why people are expecting some large improvement over the S6, that's never been the case? Right from the start with the original Note vs Galaxy S2 the difference in SoC was negligible (200MHz faster cpu clocks and a bit on the gpu iirc).

Compared to the Note 4 it's the usual annual evolution, which is never worth upgrading for.

Soldato
I don't get why people are expecting some large improvement over the S6, that's never been the case? Right from the start with the original Note vs Galaxy S2 the difference in SoC was negligible (200MHz faster cpu clocks and a bit on the gpu iirc).

Compared to the Note 4 it's the usual annual evolution, which is never worth upgrading for.

Who's been expecting that? I may just missed it.

The issues which most people have been complaining about are the backwards steps, not the small increases. The smaller battery capacity, non-removable battery, no microSD card, they're all pretty drastic steps back for some people (non-issues for others obviously).

Associate
I know specs aren't 100% official but struggling to see how they are going to make a fanfare out of this, in light of how little it's changed since the Note 4/S6. 4GB of RAM and possibly a spring loaded styles are the only major stats that differentiates it.

A spring eject stylus wont save it.. but I could be wrong :D
The rumoured 4000mAh battery would have made it a beast.

Soldato
i'm getting tired of all the touchwiz bs, I like the note 4 but it's so bloated and loliflop has ruined it to the point of constant freezing and needing restarts. Not a fan of apple, find the m8 a little small - so kind of out of ideas on what to get next

Soldato
i'm getting tired of all the touchwiz bs, I like the note 4 but it's so bloated and loliflop has ruined it to the point of constant freezing and needing restarts. Not a fan of apple, find the m8 a little small - so kind of out of ideas on what to get next

New Nexus 5.7" is due Q4.

Associate
Told ya'll to hope Note 5 comes to the UK because its not...anytime soon...but ya'll was too busy complaining about the SD card and non removable back :)
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/1...-evolution-but-no-uk-launch-currently-planned
We have to admit, our mouths gaped open when we were told that Samsung has strategically decided to not launch the Galaxy Note 5 in the UK. Instead, it will initially only be available in North America and select Asian markets.
Samsung UK will concentrate on the Galaxy S6 edge Plus instead. Shocked? Yep, us too.
However, the more we think about it the more we see that there is reason behind the madness; when both new handsets are compared directly, the edge Plus is most certainly the better phone and so Samsung UK would rather dedicate its efforts (and marketing budget) on the more attractive of the two.
That's not to say the Galaxy Note 5 will never make it over to the UK - a spokesman told us it would more than likely be released over here eventually - but we can only presume that the US and Asian audiences are more receptive to the device and its S-Pen stylus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom