• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Go for the best source. (Only tends to be avalible in chinese grocery store now)

2ppmr5v.jpg

Back on topic, I'll be happy with a quiet card running 1.9-2.0 ghz.
Hope mine comes in next week.

Last edited:
Associate
i do have a question i was thinking about and love to have your input.
could Nvidia have issue with pascal stock during H2 2016 ? if yes what chip gp104 or gp106 ?
available information i see :
AMD produce polaris 11 a 100mm² chip, and polaris a 200mm² chip, no word on pro segment probably comes with Vega, foundries Glofo & samsung sharing 14nm ip.
Nvidia produces gp 104 300mm², and gp 106 200mm², pro gp 100 600mm², foundry TSMC.
cheers!

Soldato
AMD said they are only using GF, not Samsung.

NV probably won't have any issues as demand seems to be much lower than anticipated due to people's disappointment with performance/price.

Caporegime
NV probably won't have any issues as demand seems to be much lower than anticipated due to people's disappointment with performance/price.

Lol, do you even know how many people are in the queue for the custom 1080's!!?

Someone is 4 hundred and something in the queue for the Strix and that is just on here!

Demand is sky high.

Man of Honour
Once they actually get going TSMC are usually good for volume - just a bit slow getting ramped up onto a new process (though it is something incredibly complex).

Soldato
OP
Lol, do you even know how many people are in the queue for the custom 1080's!!?

Someone is 4 hundred and something in the queue for the Strix and that is just on here!

Demand is sky high.

Agreed, I'm amazed that many people are buying high end GPU's like the 1080. Peeps saying that it isn't a high amount are bonkers. That's just one GPU variant from one retailer. Demand is massive for these.

Back
Top Bottom