• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is there anyway to get download speed above 100mb/s over wifi?

Got the ps5 connected to a 5ghz signal which on my phones gets 700mb/s but only 100mb/s on the ps5 when it's right next to the router

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is there anyway to get download speed above 100mb/s over wifi?

Got the ps5 connected to a 5ghz signal which on my phones gets 700mb/s but only 100mb/s on the ps5 when it's right next to the router

It should just work, I get about 400Mbps on my PS5 with the console downstairs and the router upstairs. But if it's right next to it, can you not connect via ethernet cable?

Soldato
It should just work, I get about 400Mbps on my PS5 with the console downstairs and the router upstairs. But if it's right next to it, can you not connect via ethernet cable?

I got so many cables on the floor already I was hoping I can cut back on one. Did a quick test as well, over Ethernet it's 900mb/s down, and 100mb/s on 5ghz wifi, makes no sense to me, I've got the connection in the ps5 settings set to force 5ghz

Caporegime
I got so many cables on the floor already I was hoping I can cut back on one. Did a quick test as well, over Ethernet it's 900mb/s down, and 100mb/s on 5ghz wifi, makes no sense to me, I've got the connection in the ps5 settings set to force 5ghz

Could be a firmware bug, what do you get with it set to Automatic? And is your wifi separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz? Mine is just set to one and it sorts it out automatically.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm getting near to the end of Stellar Blade. I then need to decide what to play next - I have no crabs treasure on xbsx gp, ps5 ronin to finish and the vinted copy of outcast on ps5 I picked up cheap. Another option is to grab Avatar on ps5 whilst it's on offer on psn although I feel this will get cheaper pretty quickly - it does look cool though.

Soldato
Avatar is something I’ve got my eye on as well. But yeah it’s around £40 right now surely it’ll drop again in a few months. Ronin is on my list but not bought it yet. Finishing up Stellar Blade then might do some more Elden Ring before the DLC drops.

Last edited:
Associate
You got some good memory, I can’t remember at all how the Dreamcast drives sounded. Do you own one still?

I absolutely loved that console, Shenmue being my most favourite game.
Yeah the dvvvv dvvvv dvvvv dvvvv constantly was annoying for sure. And no I don't own one anymore. Here's a 'sad' story. When the GameCube was released I was a massive Resident Evil nut,so I had to have it because REmake looked astonishing (still does) So I went to electronics boutique and traded in my Dreamcast with 52 games (even street fighter double impact and 3rd strike) 3 pads,3 vmus,and a few other things I can't remember right now.
I got a black GameCube with 2 memory cards,2 pads,Wave Race,REmake,Mario Sunshine,Starfox Adventures and about 4 other games I can't recall right now. At the time I was ecstatic,and the GameCube turned into a phenomenal console(Metroid Prime anyone?) But when I got older I definitely regretted doing it. I still think about my Dreamcast to this day :( The upside is that i got to experience 2 fantastic consoles and loads of amazing games.And yeah Shenmue was amazing.Happy gaming peeps!

Last edited:
Associate
Oh yeah I remember buying the Zelda special edition GameCube that came with Wind Waker (still remember the gold case) I had a speed 'hangover' and sat there playing WW for the first time on a 32" CRT. I can still hear that charming music in my head when you're just pottering around figuring things out in the beginning area :) What a phenomenal game that is. I was gutted when I finished it :(

Associate
Oh yeah I remember buying the Zelda special edition GameCube that came with Wind Waker (still remember the gold case) I had a speed 'hangover' and sat there playing WW for the first time on a 32" CRT. I can still hear that charming music in my head when you're just pottering around figuring things out in the beginning area :) What a phenomenal game that is. I was gutted when I finished it :( Metroid Prime as well. I remember the first time arriving at phendrana drifts. Pure magic moments (had my baby sleeping next to me in the rocker at about 1am)
I qouted myself cba to fix it sorry.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting near to the end of Stellar Blade. I then need to decide what to play next - I have no crabs treasure on xbsx gp, ps5 ronin to finish and the vinted copy of outcast on ps5 I picked up cheap. Another option is to grab Avatar on ps5 whilst it's on offer on psn although I feel this will get cheaper pretty quickly - it does look cool though.
The game is FarCry with aliens, if that floats your boat you'll probably like it.

Soldato
I went to PS5 for the first time yesterday, i cant seem to turn on the actual download speed when downloading games, all i see is the data GB transferring no actual mbps showing. Im i doing something wrong?

Soldato
What's the next big release in the pipeline that looks good after Stellar Blade, which I've also finished?

I've done a lot of the earlier games in the year which I wanted to already inc Rise of the Ronin so more interested in what is appearing soon.

Associate
What's the next big release in the pipeline that looks good after Stellar Blade, which I've also finished?

I've done a lot of the earlier games in the year which I wanted to already inc Rise of the Ronin so more interested in what is appearing soon.
Elden Ring DLC and Shin Megami Tensei Vengeance ... both next month. After that, Metaphor: ReFantazio, which I think is October.

Back
Top Bottom