• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Q6600 Overclocking Thread ***

Associate
Just got mine today so just starting out here is 3GHZ 1.3v B3 CPU

3.0ghz.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Mod should move this to the overclocking section.

Anyways im a bit of a noob when it comes to overclocking, if the ram divider is set to 1:1, what is that in relation to? and if im guessing by 1:1 it means it increases by the same amount.

Also what is the best temp monitoring software? ive heard speedfan can be inaccurate...Intel TAT?

Caporegime
OP
Scoobie Dave said:
What cooling is that on mate?

Just ordered a Q6600 B3 myself so should be playing with it on Thursday.

:)

Easy slobbers at the mouth.

Brave man with B3 and also I cannot see a better more genuine guy to give screenie analysis ;)

Associate
Just been reading on another forum about q6600 temps on a G0 stepping, and most of the b3's were cooler. I know it's hard to believe, there's so many factors that could cause this, wrong temps reading from coretemp etc.

But! I've decided to push the button on a very cheap b3 stepping, should be here tomorrow.

Associate
I think some members are blaming his watercooling, which is a swiftech storm.

He's clocked to 3 gig and said this

Storm Block with Swiftech 655

lol the 4 cores are hitting 85c full orthos @ 1.32 volts

Back
Top Bottom