****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
Spiki when you drag and drop an icon from your homescreens to the dustbin this is only deleting the icon from you homescreen not the actual application. So either do as fornowagain said or you can also unistall them from the market under the my apps section.

Associate
Spiki when you drag and drop an icon from your homescreens to the dustbin this is only deleting the icon from you homescreen not the actual application. So either do as fornowagain said or you can also unistall them from the market under the my apps section.

Thanks AFK...this is my fist smartphone and it feels like getting a new computer & learning your way around the os...but I'm getting there. Appreciate the help all the same.

Soldato
Has anyone bought the S2 via one of these 3rd parties using tmob? I am very tempted but am concerned about whether 3G speeds would be capped or not.

rp2000

They have been capped in one or two cases, however a quick phonecall seems to have resolved the issue for everyone who experienced it.

Man of Honour
Hello friends!

Today I was on a photo assignment after which I wandered around town at the phone shops. Nipped into CPW to look at their cases only to walk out lolling at the prices (£25 for a piece of plastic from Case-Mate...).

I chatted with the guy who served me as I was checking out how the various cases felt on my phone, he seemed to know less about phones than me to the point where he said I should work there ¬_¬

Anyway, I checked out the Samsung official case and was surprised the GS I version was £14.99 compared to the £9.95 of the GS II one. I tried it out and liked it a lot, compared to other cases I bought online (Desire included) the Samsung one kept the expensive look and feel of the phone and also kept the slimness of the phone too so I bought it.

I know I've ordered this one already so when it arrives I will compare both but I will likely end up using that as my dash mount or if the holder I bought is actually good then will give it away on here because I'm awesome like that :p

Previous pics online stores of the official case don't give the impression of it looking as expensive as it does in person so hopefully my pics will help change that :)

The material is plastic/rubberised but it's not as rubbery as other cases, it won't show finger greasy marks like others and appears to be black inside and out so chips/scrapes won't show the undercoat which is good news as my Desire case had white showing on every edge!

I like the drilled look too, I don't think it's to help heat escape but more a design feature and does help grip too.
It also provides a bit of a lip on the front so if the phone is placed face down then the screen is protected from surface contact.

sgs-ii_case_official_1.jpg

sgs-ii_case_official_2.jpg

sgs-ii_case_official_3.jpg

sgs-ii_case_official_4.jpg

sgs-ii_case_official_5.jpg

sgs-ii_case_official_6.jpg

sgs-ii_case_official_7.jpg

Well worth the <£10 asking price!

Edit*
I hear they're a bit cheaper on eBay too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They have been capped in one or two cases, however a quick phonecall seems to have resolved the issue for everyone who experienced it.

A quick look online seems to imply that if you have the "Internet Booster" it is capped at 3g speeds (384kbps) :( Most of the deals I have seen use the Internet Booster add-on for data. Web'n'Walk (which I guess costs more) seems to be their uncapped HSPDA+ service.

rp2000

RBL

RBL

Associate
Hello friends!

Today I was on a photo assignment after which I wandered around town at the phone shops. Nipped into CPW to look at their cases only to walk out lolling at the prices (£25 for a piece of plastic from Case-Mate...).

I chatted with the guy who served me as I was checking out how the various cases felt on my phone, he seemed to know less about phones than me to the point where he said I should work there ¬_¬

Anyway, I checked out the Samsung official case and was surprised the GS I version was £14.99 compared to the £9.95 of the GS II one. I tried it out and liked it a lot, compared to other cases I bought online (Desire included) the Samsung one kept the expensive look and feel of the phone and also kept the slimness of the phone too so I bought it.

I know I've ordered this one already so when it arrives I will compare both but I will likely end up using that as my dash mount or if the holder I bought is actually good then will give it away on here because I'm awesome like that :p

Previous pics online stores of the official case don't give the impression of it looking as expensive as it does in person so hopefully my pics will help change that :)

The material is plastic/rubberised but it's not as rubbery as other cases, it won't show finger greasy marks like others and appears to be black inside and out so chips/scrapes won't show the undercoat which is good news as my Desire case had white showing on every edge!

I like the drilled look too, I don't think it's to help heat escape but more a design feature and does help grip too.
It also provides a bit of a lip on the front so if the phone is placed face down then the screen is protected from surface contact.

Well worth the <£10 asking price!

Edit*
I hear they're a bit cheaper on eBay too.

LOL how much did you spend on cases so far Khaaan? ;)

Associate
Must say I was pleasantly surprised at how good quality the phone feels when you actually have it in your hand. Like others here, I read every review I could find almost and they all mentioned the plasticy feel. I think this has been overstated. To me the phone is certainly light but not cheap at all. I think it feels very robust.

Man of Honour
I thought about that too but then remembered the past 12+ months with my Desire was with a case just like this one and that didn't suffer any such drop so I think all should be fine considering this has more grip!

I just don't have much area to place my Droid sticker though :( I'll find a space... maybe on the back of the phone so you can see it through the grille!

Back
Top Bottom