**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Caporegime
Some new pictures have leaked but it all looks very similar but does anyone have any specs? I'd like to see SD Card support return, a decent battery (if I use my S4 throughout the day if I'm at home then it usually needs a top up at some point) and perhaps a removable battery. Other than that my S4 has been absolutely fine. I don't feel I need anything else in terms of features but a bit snappier would be nice and a bit more onboard memory.

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-and-s7-plus-cases-show-off-smartphone-designs-24419816/

I didn't see another thread but searching back four pages and searching the forums for S7, apologies if there's already a thread.

Caporegime
OP
Yay! and Stars as well!

Just changed to SIM only and saves £29 a month so waiting to hear what Sky comes out with. Hopefully we'll get a decent discount.

Caporegime
OP
I'm absolutely loving my S7 Edge but I'm having an issue sending long text messages. When they get to a certain length the app says 'converting to MMS'. Sometimes it will send but other times it just hangs there. I have a message from 14.00 today that still hasn't sent!

I read something on the Vodafone site that said you need to have Wi-Fi turned off in order for these kinds of messages to work. Is that correct?

Not sure about you plan but I've always been charged for MMS.

Caporegime
OP
Not sure if it's been mentioned and I'm not going through the whole thread either. Radio ad for Carphone Warehouse saying they have an exclusive on the Titanium Silver model.

Caporegime
OP
So as it looks like Sky will be launching with SIM only to begin with, I'm considering an S7. So the thought still remains. Edge or not? Coming from an S4 which seems to need rebooting every few weeks and the battery dies when it still says 20% left. It's falling apart and is basically kept together by a case.

Caporegime
OP
Sorry, I know its off topic on the S7 thread but I've seen no news on when sky are launching their service, any details?

Only 'later this year' sadly. They did announce a few days ago that test calls have been made on the Sky Network though and more testing as time goes on.

Caporegime
OP
OK, trying to take a screenshot on my phone and apparently it's prevented by the security policy. Googling shows something about Faceprovider having frozen or been uninstalled but I don't think I've done any of these things and I'm not in private mode either. Any ideas? It's a stock, unlocked S7 from Sky Mobile.

Caporegime
OP
OK, trying to take a screenshot on my phone and apparently it's prevented by the security policy. Googling shows something about Faceprovider having frozen or been uninstalled but I don't think I've done any of these things and I'm not in private mode either. Any ideas? It's a stock, unlocked S7 from Sky Mobile.
Have noticed it's only an issue with the bet365 app open which is strange.

Caporegime
OP
Gonna trade mine in at Game (probably) today.

Fed up with the performance being up and down and I have a recurring issue whereby the WiFi turns off for no reason.

I've got plenty of phones anyway :p

I'm starting to get this. Or something similar anyway. if I'm using a bandwidth heavy app like Acestream then it'll work for a while but then suddenly I'll get an exclamation mark on the Wi-Fi symbol and lose all access. Turning off Wi-Fi and back on again resolve but only for another random amount of time. Very frustrating. I'm on a Sky Swap 12 deal so will be able to change phones in 4 months time and while I was planning on keeping it and making the saving I might swap to something else, although I have no idea what!

Caporegime
OP
Strangely I've had very few issues with mine. It lives in a full cover case, front and back 24/7 and has been as good as faultless. Only had it for 9 months or so though.

Back
Top Bottom