The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Permabanned
And what about putting fsx as a stand alone installation on a SSD? Is there less stutters ect? And what size ssd would you recommend? Cheers.

Soldato
I'm sure that 3570k would be about the best bang for buck for FSX. An i7 won't offer much improvement. Get it overclocked as much as you can as FSX is mostly CPU dependent. An SSD will be useful as well but won't be a huge performance boost.

Soldato
Folks, I turned on eyefinity for my 2 monitor setup, but for some reason the view is just stretched across both monitors, how do I set it up such that it maximises usage of both monitors?

Soldato
for multi monitor setup, i prefer windowed view. in game you bring up a new view with the [ key, undock it with a right click and drag it across to your other monitor. this way you can have a wide virtual cockpit or a cockpit in one and radio controls on the other.

Soldato
for multi monitor setup, i prefer windowed view. in game you bring up a new view with the [ key, undock it with a right click and drag it across to your other monitor. this way you can have a wide virtual cockpit or a cockpit in one and radio controls on the other.

but would the undocked view be linked to the main view? (ie for virtual cockpit purpose).?

Soldato
Ah I see but what I wanted was to have one virtual cockpit which pans around on both screens. I believe the method above you have two individual virtual cockpits which are panned around independently of one another?

Soldato
I tried this but it just duplicates the same image onto the second monitor.

All I am looking to do is to view more of my cockpit through 2 monitors (within same aspect ratios).
And being able to move the cockpit view with the hat on the joystick such that the **** view moves on both monitors (i.e as if they are one monitor).

Not looking good so far :\

Associate
I think the hat switch/TrackIR or whatever you use to change your view only affects the current window. Thus not the solution for multiple views.

Personally I don't like what FSX does with wide zooms where is starts to give a fish eye effect with the edges stretched. Setting the wide aspect ratio flag makes this worse as it allows for a wider FOV

BTW if you're using a 2D cockpit these weren't usually done for a widescreen setup so the image is stretched to fit. There are newer panels to be found on the Internet but not for all planes or screen settings, if this is your problem.

Soldato
Guys I need some help. I have an i7 rig. I've tried all sorts to get it to use more than one core. One core is at 100% and one other is used abit.
I have played with the affinity and still nothing.
Would really appreciate some help or advice ?

Soldato
It's on in the bios. If I switch this off wont it affect other games like bf 3?
Sorry for the newbie question. I presume hyper threading just gives me back my actual 4 cores ?

For FSX you are better switching it off (apparently). Switch it off then use a value of 14 for your AffinityMask. Value may not be 14 but from memory I think it is.

Back
Top Bottom