***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Caporegime
Starfield has lost 97% of its Steam players in less than six months

After peaking at 330,273 concurrent Steam players shortly after launch, Starfield is now down to just under 9,000 (via SteamDB). By contrast, over 25,000 Steam players are currently playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Not surprised. When I eventually was done with it after 80ish hours as I recall, there was nothing pulling me in to continue playing at the time.

They just got it wrong. Hopefully they learn and they don't make the same mistakes for the next elder scrolls game.

I will jump back in after the new dlc hits myself.

Still don't fancy starting a new game+ though. For some reason it just does not appeal to me. Rather start from the beginning if I ever wanted a new game.

Last edited:
Associate
I started playing this last week, figuring the big issues would have been fixed by now. It's a pretty well polished game, but for whatever reason I find it incredibly bland and uninteresting - I don't really know what the point of the main quest line is apart from trundling around randomly generated wastelands looking for fireflies in weird temples. The endless cutscenes for basic travel are infuriating as well.

The the Ryojin corporate espionage stuff was mildly interesting, but I'm struggling to pick out much else.

Really wanted space Fallout :(

Soldato
Really wanted space Fallout :(
Didn't we all, unfortunately half the fun of Fallout is the wandering and bumping into new people/missions, you cant do that when fast travelling.

I sunk a load of hours into it, something like 200 so I can't complain about it too much, I basically enjoyed it but yes it is kind of bland.

Soldato
Didn't we all, unfortunately half the fun of Fallout is the wandering and bumping into new people/missions, you cant do that when fast travelling.

I sunk a load of hours into it, something like 200 so I can't complain about it too much, I basically enjoyed it but yes it is kind of bland.
Couldnt agree more...much of what makes Fallout so special for and why I have thousands of hours in them is the wandering aimlessly and finding things you never knew were there...wandering in Starfield just doesnt have that...loading screens and procedural generation basically killed the lure of wandering around and exploring.

Every location just feels like the same as the last but with a different colour pallete, I didnt even finish it tbh and after 60+ hours just uninstalled it as I got tired of endless loading screens and the god awful fast travel UI.

Soldato

Sums up my experience, I enjoyed it despite it being bland. Much in the same way I can enjoy a very occasional Mcdonalds.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought someone's code from a GPU, but after reading this thread i'm going to wait until the modding tools come out and hopefully someone can inject a bit of life into the procedurally generated stuff. I have Avatar until then and a bunch of other stuff in my steam library too

Soldato
Not surprised at all.

They just got it wrong.

Yup and all they had to do was make Fallout in space.

Every location just feels like the same as the last but with a different colour pallete, I didnt even finish it tbh and after 60+ hours just uninstalled it as I got tired of endless loading screens and the god awful fast travel UI.

Because they went lazy mode copied and paste a few assets into a procedurally generated universe.

yes it is kind of bland.

Agree, mediocre is the term I use.

Soldato
Soldato
The bigger the studio and reputation, the bigger pile of dog muck, seems to be a fair rule of thumb these days. Ubi, Beth, Blizz etc

It's just like Marvel and SW plopping out the next safe, boring, bland, copy paste minimum viable product.

Last edited:
Associate
Yea i stopped playing it but Bathesda dont give a crap as they have taken our money's mate.
Well... haven't looked at the finances of games. But surely big budget games expect continuous sales for a few years after release, don't they?
Expect and need, that is.

Skyrim they managed to sell over, and over, and over again. I'm sure the Living Skyrim Wabbajack modlist has a loading screen making fun of that.
And a quick search finds things like "Skyrim is 11 years old today, is still so amazing they released it six more times". That was from 2022.

Hard to see them doing that with Starfield unless their DLCs are amazing, or the modding scene really steps up and does all the work which Bethesda couldn't be bothered with. Again.
Bethesda: releasing half finished games the community has to fix since - at least Morrowind. And that only because Arena and Daggerfall were just to hard to fix. Releasing the Elder Scrolls Construction Set was probably the best decision Bethesda ever made. Although it has meant that they have turned more and more in Betasoft with the expectation what some modders would fix things!

Soldato
I have finally started playing this (last 2 weeks or so) and so far really enjoying it. Sure there are things that are annoying but overall really liking it.

Stoner81.
Thats the thing, it is "alright" for a while but I expected to be coming back to this game over and over as I have done with the fallout games, this just didn't grab me for the long term.

I'm hoping that this is a great base for a future upgrade much as they did with FO76.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Not surprised. When I eventually was done with it after 80ish hours as I recall, there was nothing pulling me in to continue playing at the time.

They just got it wrong. Hopefully they learn and they don't make the same mistakes for the next elder scrolls game.

I will jump back in after the new dlc hits myself.

Still don't fancy starting a new game+ though. For some reason it just does not appeal to me. Rather start from the beginning if I ever wanted a new game.
So not TNA endorsed anymore then? Spent all your hush money then, or has the embargo been lifted :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
But your a bit special like. You started playing it and 20 hours in or whatever start again from the beginning. You did this multiple times too :cry::D

Yes, and that is included in my 180 hours of alright. I don't think it's a particularly novel thing to restart a game.

But I am special yes :)

Btw. NG+ is literally restarting from the beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom