• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
The thing that has totally taken me by surprise is the core clockspeeds the 1080 is capable of.

I was expecting an extra couple of hundred MHz because of the die shrink but nothing like some of the figures I have seen going around.

Soldato
Ooh, I can just about squeeze in ten and a half inches (oo eerr) so I could treat myself to one of these.

DSR at 1080p might just make me consider one.

Soldato
The thing that has totally taken me by surprise is the core clockspeeds the 1080 is capable of.

I was expecting an extra couple of hundred MHz because of the die shrink but nothing like some of the figures I have seen going around.

Yea, which is why it's going to be good to get some actual concrete figures on performance. Although, I fear the early reviews post NDA may be the usual rosy perspective by review sites who don't want to upset the hand that feeds.

Soldato

I think it's because Nvidia wanted the stock clocks to be within a certain power window. You know to show power savings, save the planet and all that. So they might be very low clocks to what Pascal is actually capable of.

Soldato
Maybe put them big pics behind spoiler tags as the top half of this topic is filled with massive pics when you really dont need them that big for just a gpu. Just a suggestion.

Soldato
Ah crap it's not good enough to upgrade to. Gotta wait for 1080ti now :( 38 to 48fps in 4k Witcher 3 isn't going to replace my solid 60+ in SLI. If they bring one out that'll sit at 2500mhz all day long then it'll be a worthy downgrade in terms of cost though.

Back
Top Bottom