• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Too easy to say as a consumer. Sounds like the r&d wasn't cheap.and if we still think its too expensive the competition also to blame....where is it?

It's only money. Give up drinking,takeaways or whatever for a while ��

I can't argue with your logic... but if the R&D costs of Coca Cola to maintain it's flavour pushed the price of a can to £5, I think most people would be drinking Pepsi eventually.

Caporegime
Yes I agree I hope EVGA for example make some kind of statement regarding future releases, if they dont will be hard yo judge to buy when the cards are first released or wait wait wait for something to appear of the OC store

All there is on the EVGA web site is the Founders Edition
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6180-KR

EVGA employee on the forums say they have their versions ready including the hybrid but cant talk about them because of NDA. Manufacturers can only talk about the Founders version so far.

Man of Honour
OP
Just been watching a JayzTwoCents video about 3 and 4 way SLI. I can not link the video but yes 3 and 4 way is possible.:)

What you do is

1. Install your cards

2. Apply to NVidia for a code to unlock your card bios.

3. Use the rigid SLI bridges that are already available from AIB partners like EVGA and Asus.

Last edited:
Soldato
EVGA employee on the forums say they have their versions ready including the hybrid but cant talk about them because of NDA. Manufacturers can only talk about the Founders version so far.

When does the NDA release on these then I wonder? Not that I'm getting too excited, most are going to be more expensive than the FE.

Soldato
Just been watching a JayzTwoCents video about 3 and 4 way SLI. I can not link the video but yes 3 and 4 way is possible.:)

What you do is

1. Install your cards

3. Use the rigid SLI bridges that are already available from AIB partners like EVGA and Asus.

What the frick? Thats outrageous lol

Mei

Mei

Soldato
ye dont think they want to officially support it no more
im guessing when you apply for the code and flash your bios you need to agree to some disclaimer?? ..or its a bit weird
well...its a bit weird anyway but ^^;

Soldato
I suspect that some AIB partners like Asus and EVGA will sell cards with unlocked bios anyway.

I can not see EVGA selling Classified or Kingpin Editions limited to 2 way SLI lol.

Yea I know thats exaxtly what I was thinking. Tbh there will be some forums which will have a unlocked bios anyways floating around. Just seems weird how Nvidia are limiting sli.

Soldato

What you do is

1. Install your cards

Possible, but not recommended by NVIDIA, hence why it's disabled out of the box.

This will of course mean 3-4 way SLI scaling will continue to get worse, or not scale at all going forward, outside of 3dmark and other benchmarks.

Soldato

What you do is

1. Install your cards

I wouldn't expect to see many game devs optimising for more than 2 way SLI to be honest, Support is already pretty shoddy once you go over 2 and as Nvidia won't officially be supporting more than 2 it would just be more of a headache.

Back
Top Bottom